New Financial Services market report from WealthInsight: "HNWI Asset Allocation in South Africa to 2016"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/12/2012 -- This report provides the latest asset allocations of South African HNWIs across 13 asset classes. The report also includes projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocation of South African HNWIs to 2016 and a comprehensive and robust background of the local economy, including, uniquely, detailed analysis of economic and political risks to HNWI wealth creation.
- South Africa has the highest number of HNWIs in Africa. As of 2011, there were over 44,700 HNWIs in South Africa, with a combined wealth of US$188 billion, accounting for roughly 27% of South Africa's total individual wealth (US$740 billion).
- Business interests recorded the strongest growth over the review period, driven by new business formation, particularly in the BEE arena.
- Alternative allocations were boosted by a strong gold and general commodities market - the commodity holdings of South African HNWIs increased from 1.6% of total assets in 2007 to 2.4% in 2011.
- Over the forecast period, WealthInsight expects a movement away from real estate, cash and fixed-income investments and towards equities and business interests.
- In 2011, HNWIs in South Africa held 17.4% (US$33 billion) of their wealth outside of South Africa. This is below the global average of approximately 30%.
- The share of foreign assets that South Africa's HNWIs allocate to the rest of Africa increased substantially from 16% in 2007 to 23.4% in 2011. A large portion of new investment went into Mozambique, which is an emerging business location for South Africans. HNWI investment into Ghana, Uganda, Nigeria and Kenya also increased substantially.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report features:
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2007 to 2011
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2016
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons to Get this Report
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the Database comprises up to one hundred data-points on over 100,000 HNWIs from around the world. It also includes profiles on major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each country. With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Comprehensive forecasts to 2016.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Absa Wealth (Barclays), Investec Wealth & Investment, Standard Bank, Nedbank (Old Mutual), RMB (FirstRand), UBS, Sanlam, BoE Private Clients, Belmont Asset Management, Cheryl Howard and Associates, Investment Solutions Limited, K2 Capital, NFB Private Wealth Management, VFS Wealth Managers, Credo Group, Fairbairn (owned by Old Mutual), Kleinwort Benson, Sable Wealth Management, Stenham
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Africa - The Future of HNWIs to 2016: The Rise of African Wealth
- Ultra HNWIs in South Africa to 2016
- High Net Worth Trends in South Africa to 2016
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Switzerland to 2016
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in South Africa
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Russia to 2016
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Brazil to 2016
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Germany to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Introduction of Compulsory Motor Third-Party Liability Insurance to Drive Market Growth
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Micro Insurance Programs and Rural Insurance Penetration Key to Market Expansion
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)