Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/22/2014 -- Laundry care received one of its most dramatic shake-ups in nearly a decade with the introduction of liquid laundry detergent tablets. The product, while common in many other countries, had not previously been offered by many of the major laundry detergent manufacturers. Now, liquid laundry tablets have been launched by nearly every single major liquid laundry manufacturer, and have quickly been introduced to nearly every major distributor in the US. These products, while more expensive than other laundry detergents, offer premeasured detergents in a dissolvable pouch. Almost every major brand of liquid laundry tablets comes in stand-up pouches for the majority of the product line-up. The major deviation of this comes from Tide Pods, which has many of its larger sizes in large tubs that are shaped to look like the product, and have an easy-to-open lid. This caused some issues in the initial launch of the product, as children mistook the product for candy in a jar and tried to eat it. This forced Procter & Gamble to put extra labelling on the packaging to advise parents to keep the product out of the reach of children.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Packaging might be starting a downward trend in home care products that may very well get worse as time goes on. One of the biggest areas of home care is laundry care, accounting for 37% of all home care packaging in 2012. Much of this comes from detergent, due to its regular necessary use for consumers. However, one issue that has helped in keeping the volume growth of the category higher than it needs to be is overdosing, wherein the consumer uses more detergent than is necessary to clean their clothes. With liquid tablet detergents now on the market and growing swiftly, overdosing is becoming less common as consumers use the correct amount. Therefore unit volumes could plunge much faster as consumers begin to use only the necessary amount of laundry detergent.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Home Care Packaging industry in USA with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Home Care Packaging industry in USA, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Home Care Packaging in USA market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes in units and filled volumes
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What are the major food pack types and how are they performing in USA?
- How are consumption trends impacting the food packaging landscape?
- What have been the key trends seen in new packaging developments?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Air Care, Bleach, Dishwashing, Home Insecticides, Laundry Care, Polishes, Surface Care, Toilet Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Manufacturing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Home Care Packaging in the United Arab Emirates
- Beauty and Personal Care Packaging in the United Kingdom
- Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in the United Kingdom
- Wrapping & Paper Packaging: Global Industry Guide
- Dog and Cat Food Packaging in the United Kingdom
- The Packaging of Retail Alcoholic Drinks in UK, 2007 to 2017
- Tobacco Packaging in the United Kingdom
- The Packaging of Retail Non-Alcoholic Drinks in the UK, 2007 to 2017
- Soft Drinks Packaging in the United Kingdom
- Hot Drinks Packaging in the United Kingdom