Fast Market Research recommends "Home Improvement Retail in Japan" from MarketLine, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/05/2014 -- Home Improvement Retail in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan home improvement retail market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The home improvement market consists of the following segments: decorative materials; electrical hardware; hardware; non-decorative materials; and tools. The decorative materials segment includes paint, varnish, wall tiles, wallpaper, and woodcare products. Electrical hardware includes alarm systems, batteries, ceiling / wall lights, garden and outdoor lighting, sockets, plugs and switches, torches and portable lamps, and wiring / flex. Hardware includes brackets, locks, nails, nuts and bolts, screws and other hardware, such as base metal mountings, door fittings, etc. The non-decorative materials segment includes adhesives, aggregates, board, cement, doors and window frames, glass, plaster, plumbing supplies, timber, and other non-decorative materials, such as bricks, sand, etc. The tools segment includes manual and power tools. Market values are calculated at retail selling prices (RSP). Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant annual average 2013 exchange rates. The abbreviation 'DIY' in this profile refers to 'do-it-yourself', an alternative term to home improvement used in certain countries.
- The Japanese home improvement retail sector had total revenues of $40.8bn in 2013, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.6% between 2009 and 2013.
- Home improvement and gardening supplies retailers account for the largest proportion of sales in the Japanese home improvement retail sector in 2013, sales through this channel generated $32.9bn, equivalent to 80.7% of the sector's overall value.
- The performance of the sector is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 0.3% for the five-year period 2013 - 2018, which is expected to drive the sector to a value of $41.4bn by the end of 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the home improvement retail market in Japan
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the home improvement retail market in Japan
Leading company profiles reveal details of key home improvement retail market players' global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan home improvement retail market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Japan economy
Key Questions Answered
What was the size of the Japan home improvement retail market by value in 2013?
What will be the size of the Japan home improvement retail market in 2018?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan home improvement retail market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Home Improvement Retail in Europe
- Home Improvement Retail in the United Kingdom
- Home Improvement Retail in Asia-Pacific
- Home Improvement Retail in the United States
- Home Improvement Retail in Canada
- Home Improvement Retail in France
- Home Improvement Retail in China
- Home Improvement Retail in Germany
- Global Home Improvement Retail
- Global Home Improvement and Gardening Supplies Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017