Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/09/2014 -- Following a poor performance in 2012 that was largely caused by some poor weather, the improved conditions in 2013 meant that volume sales did pick up with 1% growth (as against a fall of 2% the previous year.) However, the ongoing recession meant that retailers and manufacturers were forced into cutting prices and offering discounts and promotions where possible to bolster sales and this means that insecticides records declining value sales for the seventh consecutive year, albeit at the lowest level of decline in that period.
Allegro remained the dominant player in home insecticides throughout the review period and accounted for 52% value share in 2013. The company benefits from representing SC Johnson's Raid and Sara Lee's Vapona brands, with these jointly dominating spray/aerosol insecticides. These are well-known global brands with a strong reputation for efficacy and also benefit from the widest and most consistent distribution presence.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Consumers will continue to prefer home insecticides that are used only when and where needed during the forecast period, with many being concerned about the potential for toxic chemicals in these products. As a result, electric insecticides and insecticide baits are expected to continue to see volume sales decline during the forecast period. Spray/aerosol insecticides and "other" home insecticides are meanwhile set to see volume sales grow, with the latter product area chiefly benefiting from a good performance for ant powder.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Insecticides industry in Ireland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Insecticides industry in Ireland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Insecticides in Ireland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Insecticides in Ireland?
- What are the major brands in Ireland?
- Which type of insects (eg. ants, mosquitoes, flies, cockroaches etc) are most prevalent in Ireland?
- What are the key new product launches in the insecticides market?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Home Insecticides in India
- Home Insecticides in Egypt
- Home Insecticides in the Netherlands
- Home Insecticides in Morocco
- Home Insecticides in the Czech Republic
- Home Insecticides in France
- Home Insecticides in Thailand
- Home Insecticides in Norway
- Home Insecticides in Germany
- Home Insecticides in Russia