Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/27/2014 -- Hong Kong's emerging position as a regional data centre and cloud services hub is helping to sustain growth overall even as spending growth slows in mature segments of the IT market. The primary driver of demand will continue to be Hong Kong's large financial services industry, a target for cloud computing providers. The high penetration of products in the retail market will mean relatively slower growth in spending, with Hong Kong having high penetration of traditional form factors - and the highest penetration of tablets in the world in 2013. We forecast IT spending in Hong Kong reaching HKD45.3bn in 2013, with growth of 6.8% in local currency terms. There is, however, downside to this outlook, with a potential hard landing in China likely to severely disrupt Hong Kong's economy and IT market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Turkey Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Thailand Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Kuwait Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q1 2014