New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/18/2012 -- BMI View: Hong Kong IT spending is expected to reach US$5.6bn in 2012, up 5%, with BMI's forecast upwardly revised although a potential cooling of the mainland Chinese economy as a result of monetary tightening would quickly spread to Hong Kong. Growth areas in 2012 will include tablets such as the new iPad, and the trend to mobility will fuel demand to utilise new technologies such as virtualisation and cloud computing. Key sectors of the economy, including financial services, are also still investing in modernisation as Hong Kong strives to maintain its regional hub status and meet competition from regional rivals such as Shanghai. The IT market will also be sustained by initiatives encouraging the integration of Hong Kong's economy with its larger neighbour and the abolition of taxes on cross-border trade.
Headline Expenditure Projections
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Computer hardware sales: US$2.3bn in 2011 to US$2.4bn in 2012, +5% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to analyst modification, but growth areas will include demand for tablets and ultrabooks.
- Software sales: US$1.3bn in 2011 to US$1.4bn in 2012, +8% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged as the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model enjoys increasing popularity in Hong Kong
- IT Services sales: US$1.6bn in 2011 to US$1.7bn in 2012, +8% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged with strong sectors including financial services, government, telecoms, tourism and retail.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Information Technology Report Q3 2012
- Singapore Information Technology Report Q3 2012
- Egypt Information Technology Report Q3 2012
- Poland Information Technology Report Q3 2012
- Malaysia Information Technology Report Q3 2012
- Saudi Arabia Information Technology Report Q3 2012
- United Kingdom Information Technology Report Q3 2012
- France Information Technology Report Q3 2012
- Argentina Information Technology Report Q3 2012
- Romania Information Technology Report Q3 2012