New Fixed Networks research report from BuddeComm is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/02/2014 -- 3G/4G and FttX continue to fuel the demand for data in Hong Kong
Hong Kong a Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China has built one of the most sophisticated and dynamic telecommunications markets in the world. Hong Kong's regulator the Office of the Communications Authority (OFCA) has played a major role in developing the telecom sector. The country has put in place substantial infrastructure which supports one of the world's highest population penetration of mobile and fixed telephone services at around 240% and 47% respectively. In addition to Hong Kong's strong technology edge its close geographical proximity to mainland China makes it a key gateway for all foreign telecom companies and equipment vendors. Hong Kong is also a key regional telecommunications hub and is the landing point for a number of strategically important submarine cables.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Hong Kong supports access to broadband connectivity for more than 80% of all households. The number of broadband subscribers represents about 75% of the total internet subscriber base. The extensive FttX DSL and cable coverage coupled with a large optical fibre footprint has driven the market for triple play services and IPTV.
The mobile market continues to evolve as all operators have now launched LTE services. The strong up-take in 4G has seen an encouraging lift in ARPU due to operators changing their approach to pricing plans which has inevitably mitigated accelerated declines in SMS traffic volumes.
- Fixed line subscriptions decline impacted among other things by increased VoIP usage;
- Fixed broadband growth slows as household penetration passes 80%;
- Fibre-based services account for 80% of all broadband subscriptions making Hong Kong a world leader in connection speeds and competitive pricing;
- 3G/4Gsubscriptions consist of close to 70% of the total mobile base;
- Data contributions to mobile revenue exceed 50%;
- The average 2.5G/3G/4G subscriber used around 1,000Mbytes per month in 2013;
- CSL launched the first commercial VoLTE service in Hong Kong at end-2013;
PCCW/HKT completed the acquisition of rival mobile operator CSL in May 2014.Data in this report is the latest available at the time of preparation and may not be for the current year
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Latin America - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband Forecasts
- Australia - Telecoms Industry - Statistics and Forecasts
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- New Zealand - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- United Kingdom - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Taiwan - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- Sweden - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- South Korea - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- Germany - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Paraguay - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts