New Energy market report from GlobalData: "HRT Plans to Divest its Stake in Oil and Gas Assets in Namibia to Fund Explorations - Deal Analysis from GlobalData - Deal Analysis from GlobalData"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/19/2012 -- HRT Participacoes em Petroleo SA (HRT), an oil and gas company, intends to sell an equity interest in 12 exploration blocks together covering an area of 68,800 sq. km, in Namibia. The company intends to use the proceeds from the sale to fund its exploration activities. Citigroup Global Capital Markets Inc. is acting as financial advisor to HRT in the transaction. Wagner Peres, president of unit HRT America, said, "Rio de Janeiro-based HRT plans to maintain a majority stake in the blocks where it plans to sell a stake." The transaction is expected to be completed in June 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Rationale behind HRT selling its oil and gas assets in Namibia: To fund for its exploration activities from its sale proceeds. Geography covered-Namibia
Reasons to Get this Report
- To get an understanding of the major M&A deals in the oil and gas industry, to make better decisions about the investments which should be made.
- The deal rationale clearly states that the deal is being made to fund exploration activities, which also gives details about the Namibian assets.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Royal Dutch Shell plc (RDSA) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Rumored Deal Analysis - Oil India to Acquire Controlling Stake in Oil and Gas Fields in Gabon from Etablissements Maurel & Prom - Deal Analysis From GlobalData
- Total S.A. (FP) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Talisman Energy Inc. (TLM) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- BP p.l.c. (BP.) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (PETR3) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- China National Petroleum Corporation - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Oil & Gas Annual Deals Analysis 2012