Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/18/2014 -- The Crohn's disease (CD) market is currently very dynamic, with novel biologic therapies on the horizon. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in an attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, as they aim to tap into the lucrative portion of the CD therapeutics market. If their promising safety and efficacy profiles translate to clinical practice once they enter the market, their launch will be to the detriment of the existing market leaders, Remicade (infliximab) and Humira (adalimumab).The loss of patent protection of the anti-TNF marketed brands will allow for the emergence of biosimilars, such as Hospira's Inflectra (infliximab) a Remicade biosimilar. Focusing on country dynamics, Canada and the emerging markets of China and India will also play a key role in driving growth in the long term, with each market forecast to post positive Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGRs) from 2012 to 2022, primarily due to the anticipated strong uptake of Remicade over the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Humira is a recombinant human IgG1 mAb that binds to TNF-a and blocks its interaction with p55 and p75 cell-surface receptors, which reduces inflammation and stops tissue destruction. It was the first fully-humanized mAb TNF inhibitor to enter the market for the treatment of CD in the US in 2007. It is considered a first-line biologic therapy option and is indicated for the treatment of adults with moderately to severely active disease who have had an inadequate response to conventional therapy, as well as for patients with a loss of response or intolerance to Remicade.
- Overview of Crohn's disease (CD), including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Humira including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Humira for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, China and Canada
Reasons to Get this Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Crohn's disease
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Humira performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Humira from 2012-2022 in top nine countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, China and Canada)
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Humira (Psoriasis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Cimzia (Crohn's Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Stelara (Crohn's Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Vercirnon (Crohn's Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Entyvio (Crohn's Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Prochymal (Crohn's Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Tysabri (Crohn's Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Remicade (Crohn's Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Psoriasis - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Psoriasis - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022