Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/07/2014 -- Hungary retains the potential to be a growing market for consumer electronics devices over our five-year forecast period to 2018. The Hungarian consumer electronics market still has considerable latent growth potential. Home computer penetration remains low compared with peer group countries while internet penetration is also relatively low as a percentage of households. In the handset market, consumers are increasingly becoming data-centric, offering scope for smartphone adoption as vendors offer low-cost devices.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: US$1.21bn in 2013 to US$1.24bn in 2014, an increase of 2.8%. Although unit growth remains strong, competition from low-cost Android tablets is putting downward pressure on prices across the market and limiting increases in market value.
- AV Sales: US$816mn in 2013 to US$855mn in 2014, +4.8% in US dollar terms. Penetration of digital TV is driving demand for flat-screen TV sets as consumers upgrade to take advantage of new services.
- Handset Sales: US$395mn in 2013 to US$432mn in 2014, +9.4% in US dollar terms. The declining price of smartphones, particularly in the Android ecosystem, is sustaining sales growth. Operator subsidies are also helping to support market growth despite the constraints on Hungarian consumers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
The Media-Saturn group of companies unveiled a dual online marketing strategy to reach a wider market and target price-conscious consumers. Although most Hungarians prefer to make final purchases offline, Google Think Insights research found that Hungarians aged 14 and over were looking online for price comparisons and reviews in 2011. As vendors gain consumer trust, BMI believes online retail could hit a niche market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Chile Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Peru Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Philippines Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Turkey Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Czech Republic Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Israel Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- South Africa Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Mexico Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Colombia Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014