Fast Market Research recommends "Hungary Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/29/2014 -- C hallenges are in store for the pharmaceutical sector in 2015, as a harsh business environment and large regulatory burden weigh on market growth . Our country risk team also see s potential headwinds to spending growth, namely Hungary's excessive government deficits. Under Deficit Procedure rules, Hungary will be forced to trim back its fiscal spending, with negative implications for healthcare. Pricing pressures and slow uptake of new medicines will continue to present near-term headwinds to pharmaceutical sales, as will patent expiries.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: HUF566.71bn (USD2.53bn) in 2013 to HUF575.98bn (USD2.44bn) in 2014; +1.6% in local currency terms and -3.6% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: HUF2,200bn (USD9.84bn) in 2013 to HUF2,145bn (USD9.1bn) in 2014; -2.5% in local currency terms and -7.6% in US dollar terms.
Risk/Reward Rating: Our proprietary Risk/Reward assessment tool has been gradually adjusted to be increasingly transparent and sensitive to potential Rewards. Therefore, as its market opportunities have been constrained, Hungary has slipped down the regional table and currently ranks ninth out of the 20 regional markets profiled in the Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) region. For Q414, its ranking remains the same as in Q314. While its Risks profile is generally predictable, its Rewards have worsened over the past years and we envisage slow but gradual change in the long term.
Key Trends & Developments
- Hungarian hospitals are reportedly entering financial difficulties, with many accruing significant debts. The government has put aside almost HUF10bn (USD43.8mn) in emergency funding for publically funded hospitals. While public institutions which come under the Ministry of Human Resources are in need of HUF100bn (USD438m) of financial help, the healthcare sector, especially hospitals, has a shortfall of HUF90bn (USD390m).
- The Association of Innovative Pharmaceutical Manufacturers...
The Hungary Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Hungary Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Hungarian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Hungary to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Hungarian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Hungarian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Hungary.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014