New Business market report from Business Monitor International: "Hungary Real Estate Report Q2 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/01/2014 -- Conditions within Hungary's commercial real estate sector are slowly improving, with the market expected to have reached its lowest ebb during H113. A healthier macroeconomic backdrop should provide the basis for the recovery and, it is hoped, rental rates over 2014, with a strengthening consumer and export sector expected to drive demand.
An upturn in Hungary's macroeconomic outlook in 2014 should help to support growth in demand for commercial real estate, brining some much-needed relief to rental rates, which have fallen sharply since the start of the downturn in 2011. The country's exit from the EU's Excessive Deficit Procedure has been a welcome development; however, we do not expect a strong resurgence in economic activity as the government's erratic policy making and high corporate tax rates deter domestic and foreign investment.
With the country's economic scenario less than assured, the real estate industry's recovery remains at an extremely fragile stage, and should further economic distress emerge during 2014, market contraction will be prolonged. The main area of upside is the retail segment which has outperformed both the office and industrial sectors over the course of the industry downturn.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- In January 2014, real estate development company Plaza Centers agreed to divest its 50% equity stake in the Uj Udvar project in Budapest. The disposal was carried out by Plaza Centers' 70% subsidiary along with the other 50% joint venture partner in the project.
- The Magyar Nemzeti Bank (MNB) has extended its subsidised loan programme, the Funding for Growth Schemeto finance real estate construction. The bank has also increased the amount of funding made available to businesses under the programme from US$3.3bn to US$8.9bn.
- In December 2013, Swiss-Hungarian investment firm 'Aranypart' RE Investment Fund purchased the office building belonging to French automaker Renault, located on the Robert Karoly ringroad in Budapest.
Key BMI Forecasts
- Rental rates for the office sector are forecast to remain unchanged over the current forecast period, with rates expected to carry their current levels into 2014.
- Retail rental rates will also maintain their current levels.
- The price of retail space in Budapest will continue to outperform those for Debrecen and Gyor, although the latter is the only city for which we currently project growth in rates in 2014.
- Our forecasts for the industrial real estate segment see rates continuing to drag some way below the office and retail sectors.
- That said, the sector is expected to see some movement in rental rates with an increase of about 7% forecast for the city of Gyor.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Business research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Real Estate Report Q2 2014
- Croatia Real Estate Report Q2 2014
- Germany Real Estate Report Q2 2014
- Pakistan Real Estate Report Q2 2014
- South Korea Real Estate Report Q2 2014
- Japan Real Estate Report Q2 2014
- Australia Real Estate Report Q2 2014
- United Arab Emirates Real Estate Report Q2 2014
- Slovakia Real Estate Report Q2 2014
- Czech Republic Real Estate Report Q2 2014