New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/19/2013 -- BMI View
The telecoms markets in Hungary have a mixed outlook due to the high penetration rates for services. In the mobile market opportunities for growth are concentrated in encouraging subscribers to upgrade their handsets or move to faster data services - with total subscription numbers stagnating in recent years. Meanwhile, wireline operators face similar challenges, for instance staving off the trend of fixed-to-mobile substitution. However there is a significant opportunity for wireline service providers in migrating subscriptions to higher speed services, thereby raising ARPU. The medium term outlook is therefore mixed, with operators that position their product to capture growth from customers upgrading services likely to outperform.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The mobile market has stagnated in terms of total subscription growth, with mobile subscriptions down 0.2% y-o-y to 10.693mn at the end of Q213.
- In contrast, the mobile internet market is booming. NMHH reported a total of 2.66mn active mobile internet subscriptions at the end of June 2013, up 36.2% y-o-y, making it the outperforming growth segment of Hungary's telecoms market.
- Despite growth, mobile internet operators continue to report declines in ARPU in the mobile market as operators remain under pressure from cuts to termination rates, MVNOs and the rising threat of IP substitution.
Key Trends And Developments
Operators continue to focus on wireless data services as important drivers of financial performance by investing in expansion of 4G LTE networks. In July 2013, market leader T-Mobile expanded its 4G LTE internet service to seven new locations across the country, increasing coverage to over 37% of the population. Meanwhile, Telenor announced, in October 2013, that it had modernised its LTE network to provide maximum download speeds of 150Mbps. It also announced, in September 2013, that it had made its 4G LTE service available for smartphone and tablet users, around a year after it was initially launched for dedicated data subscriptions. Telenor is marketing the service aggressively, with free trials for all its postpaid voice and data subscriptions, indicating the importance for future performance.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bulgaria Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q1 2014