DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/15/2019 -- Huntington's Disease Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2028
1. One in every 10,000 persons that are nearly 30,000 in the United States has Huntington's disease.
2. Huntington's disease prevalence had increased from 5.4 per 100,000 in 1990 to 12.3 per 100,000 in 2010.
3. Juvenile Huntington's occurs in approximately 16% of all cases.
(Albany, US) DelveInsight launched a new report on Huntington's disease Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Huntington's disease market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Huntington's disease epidemiology and Huntington's disease market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Huntington's disease market report provides insights into current and emerging therapies.
3. Huntington's disease market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Huntington's disease market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and leading Huntington's disease market.
Request for sample pages
"Among juvenile Huntington's disease patients, inheritance is predominantly paternal."
Currently, Huntington's disease market holds no treatment options for Huntington's disease. However, there are effective Huntington's disease treatments that support the disease, including moving disorder, psychiatric disorders, and psychotherapy. Medication management is likely to evolve throughout the disease, depending on the overall treatment goals.
In the current scenario, no Huntington's disease treatments can alter the course of the disease, but medications can lessen some of Huntington's disease symptoms of movement and psychiatric disorders. However, the dominant class of drugs involved in the disease treatment for movement disorders is Tetrabenazine (Xenazine), it is indicated for the treatment of chorea associated with Huntington's disease that is the only US FDA approved agent for the symptomatic management of Huntington's disease. The precise mechanism by which tetrabenazine (Xenazine) exerts its antichorea effects is not known but is contemplated to be related to its effect as a reversible depletion of monoamines from nerve terminals. Tetrabenazine reversibly hinders the human vesicular monoamine transporter type. Other medications for related symptoms include antipsychotic drugs such as haloperidol (Haldol) and chlorpromazine, and other medications such as amantadine, levetiracetam (Keppra), and clonazepam (Klonopin) that might also help to alleviate Huntington's disease symptoms. It can take many weeks to observe an improvement in symptoms.
In addition, there are several other medications available for the treatment of psychiatric disorders, including antidepressants such drugs as citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), and sertraline (Zoloft), antipsychotic drugs include quetiapine (Seroquel), risperidone (Risperdal) and olanzapine (Zyprexa) followed by mood-stabilizing drugs namely valproate (Depacon), carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Epitol, Tegretol) and lamotrigine (Lamictal). Overall, the global Huntington's disease therapeutics market is further expected to increase by the primary drivers such as rising prevalent population, technological advancements, and upcoming therapies in the forecast period [2019–2028].
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact Huntington's disease treatment scenario in the upcoming years: -
And many others
The key players in Huntington's disease market are:
1. Hoffmann-La Roche
2. EIP Pharma
4. SOM Biotech SL
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Huntington's Disease Market Overview at a Glance
3. Huntington's Disease Background and Overview
4. Huntington's Disease Epidemiology and Patient Population (7MM)
5. Huntington's Disease Country- Wise Epidemiology
5.1. United States
5.2. EU5 Countries
5.7. United Kingdom
6. Huntington's Disease Treatments & Medical Practices
7. Huntington's Disease Current Treatments
8. Huntington's Disease Emerging Therapies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. RG6042 (RO7234292): Roche
8.3. Neflamapimod: EIP Pharma
8.4. Pepinemab (VX15/2503): Vaccinex
8.5. SOM3355(Bevantolol): SOM Biotech SL
9. Huntington's Disease Market Size
10. Huntington's Disease 7MM Country-Wise Market Analysis
11. United States Market Size
12. EU5 Market Size
12.1.Germany Market Size
12.2. France Market Size
12.3. Italy Market Size
12.4. Spain Market Size
12.5.United Kingdom Market Size
13. Japan Market Size
14. Market Drivers
15. Market Barriers
16. Huntington's Disease Report Methodology
17. DelveInsight Capabilities
19. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.