DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/13/2019 -- Hypercholesterolemia Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. More than 34 million American adults have increased blood cholesterol levels (i.e. higher than 240 mg/dL).
2. More than 12% of adults age 20 and older had total cholesterol higher than 240 mg/dL, and more than 18% had high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels less than 40 mg/dL.
3. Around 7% of the US children and adolescents of the age group 6–19 had high total cholesterol.
(Albany, US) DelveInsight launched a new report on Hypercholesterolemia Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Hypercholesterolemia market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Hypercholesterolemia epidemiology and Hypercholesterolemia market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Hypercholesterolemia market report provides insights into current and emerging therapies.
3. Hypercholesterolemia market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Hypercholesterolemia market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and leading the Hypercholesterolemia market.
Request for sample pages
"The most common inherited form of high cholesterol is known as familial hypercholesterolemia that affects about 1 in 500 people in most countries."
Hypercholesterolemia is the most commonly occurring disorder, which results in comorbid conditions, mainly cardiovascular disorders. High levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol results into an accumulation of cholesterol-rich fatty deposits in arteries resulting in a narrow or blocked flow of blood to vital organs, especially the heart and brain. The Hypercholesterolemia treatment paradigm, which further includes sub-types, such as Homozygous and Heterozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia holds several options available in the market, i.e., statins, bile-acid-binding resins, cholesterol absorption inhibitors, combination cholesterol absorption inhibitor with statin and Proprotein Convertase Subtilisin/Kexin Type 9 (PCSK9) inhibitors as well as Injectable medications.
There are several FDA approved drugs for hypercholesterolemia treatment of which statins are the most commonly used amongst all either as a monotherapy or in combination. Statins inhibit the enzyme 3- hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase and have beneficial effects on atherosclerosis, including plaque stabilization, reduction of platelet activation, and reduction of plaque proliferation and inflammation. Statins also benefit the patients beyond atherosclerotic plaque, including anticoagulation, vasodilatation, antioxidant effects, and reduction of mediators of inflammation.
The US FDA approved statins include Atorvastatin (Lipitor), Rosuvastatin (Crestor), Simvastatin (Zocor), and others. Statins also lower the risk of hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis) development and reduce the chance of heart attack or stroke. After the use of statins, Bile-acid-binding resins, such as Cholestyramine (Prevalite), Colesevelam (Welchol) and Colestipol (Colestid) can be used that lower cholesterol indirectly by binding to bile acids. This prompts the liver to use excess cholesterol to make more bile acids, which reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood.
Overall, the Hypercholesterolemia therapeutics market is further expected to increase by the major drivers, such as rising prevalent population, technological advancements, and upcoming therapies in the forecast period [2019–2028].
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact the Hypercholesterolemia treatment scenario in the upcoming years: -
2. Bempedoic Acid
And many others
The key players in Hypercholesterolemia market are:
1. Innovent Biologics
3. Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
4. Akcea Therapeutics
5. Ionis Pharmaceuticals
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Hypercholesterolemia Market Overview at a Glance
3. Hypercholesterolemia Disease Background and Overview
4. Hypercholesterolemia Epidemiology and Patient Population (7MM)
5. Hypercholesterolemia Country-Wise Epidemiology
5.1. United States
5.2. EU5 Countries
5.7. United Kingdom
6. Hypercholesterolemia Treatments and Medical Practices
7. Hypercholesterolemia Current Treatment
7.1. Repatha: Amgen
7.2. Praluent: Sanofi
7.3. Lipitor: Pfizer
8. Hypercholesterolemia Emerging Therapies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. IBI306: Innovent Biologics
8.3. Bempedoic Acid: Esperion
8.4. Evinacumab: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
8.5. AKCEA-ANGPTL3-LRX: Akcea Therapeutics/Ionis Pharmaceuticals
9. Hypercholesterolemia Market Size
10. Hypercholesterolemia 7MM Country-Wise Market Analysis
11. United States Market Size
12. EU5 Market Size
12.1. Germany Market Size
12.2. France Market Size
12.3. Italy Market Size
12.4. Spain Market Size
12.5. United Kingdom Market Size
13. Japan Market Size
14. Market Drivers
15. Market Barriers
16. Report Methodology
17. DelveInsight Capabilities
19. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance