New Computer Technology market report from Markets and Markets: "In-Memory Computing (IMC) Market [In Memory Data Management, IMDB (Pure, Hybrid, OLAP, OLTP, Relational IMDB, NoSQL IMDB), IMDG, In-Memory Application Platforms (IMAP)] - Global Advancements, Worldwide Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013-2018)"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/30/2013 -- As the industry is witnessing a sharp rise in transactional and analytical requirements for voluminous big data, In-Memory Computing solutions are fast finding a place in almost every database warehousing and analytics application. Traditional disk-based systems do have storage capabilities, but when it comes to faster analysis of data, traditional disk-based systems lag behind. Apart from processing speed, disk-based systems require a lot of physical space to store massive volume of data. Under such circumstances, when enterprise data is growing to the level of terabytes and petabytes, data management becomes very difficult. Apart from voluminous data, requirements for massive parallel processing has increased, which has further increased the demand for technologies with higher processing speed.
Although In-Memory Computing, as a concept, was introduced in the late twentieth century, its adoption has been slow, owing to the high cost of the main-memory - Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM). IMC provides enhanced features such as reduced latency level and provision of real-time data on demand. Major vendors in the IMC market space include SAP, Oracle, IBM, Altibase, Qliktech, while companies such as GridGain, ScaleOut Software, Exasol, Software AG have also emerged as key innovators in this space. This report analyzes market dynamics, future roadmaps and global trends, and provides forecast over the next five years.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report is broadly segmented into sub-markets including: In-Memory Data Management (IMDM) and In-Memory Application Platforms (IMAP). IMDM further includes In-Memory Database (IMDB) and In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG). In-Memory Database (IMDB) is further segmented on the basis of type: pure, hybrid; on the basis of solution: Online Analytical Processing (OLAP), Online Transaction Processing (OLTP); and on the basis of product: relational and NoSQL-based. The IMC market is also segmented on the basis of verticals: banking and financial services, retail, telecommunication, defense and military, logistics, energy, power and utilities, online entertainment and others; by end-users: SMEs and enterprises; by regions: North America (NA), Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe (EU), Middle East and Africa (MEA), and Latin America (LA).
This research report segments and categorizes the global IMC market on the basis of the following segments:
On the basis of segments:
In-Memory Data Management (IMDM)
In-Memory Databases (IMDB)
In-Memory Data Grids (IMDG)
In-Memory Application Platforms (IMAP)
On the basis of end users:
On the basis of verticals:
Banking and financial services
Transportation and logistics
On the basis of regions:
North America (NA)
Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Japan
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Big Data Market By Types (Hardware; Software; Services; BDaaS - HaaS; Analytics; Visualization as Service); By Software (Hadoop, Big Data Analytics and Databases, System Software (IMDB, IMC): Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Graphene Electronics Market: Materials (PV, Electronics); Devices (Supercapacitors, Transistors, Spintronics, Sensors, ICs & Chips, Lenses); Products (Computing, Consumer, Memory, Display); Developments (Nanotubes & Ribbons, Fullerenes) (2013 - 2023)
- Application Delivery Network (ADN) Market [Application delivery controllers (ADC), WAN Optimization controllers (WOC), Application Security Equipments, Application Gateways] Global Advancements, Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Hadoop & Big Data Market [Hardware, Software, Services, Hadoop-as-a-Service] - Trends, Geographical Analysis & Worldwide Market Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Power Management Integrated Circuits (IC) Market to 2016 - Demand for Increasing Functionality in Smartphones and Tablets, and Rise in Smart Grid Utilization to Drive Growth
- Wearable Electronics Market and Technology Analysis (2013 - 2018): By Components (Sensors, Battery, Display, Networking); Applications (Consumer, Healthcare, Enterprise); Products (Smart -Textiles, Glasses, Watches);e-Materials & Geography
- Wireless Communication Chipsets (Wi-Fi/WLAN, Wireless Display/Video (HD & WHDI), Mobile WiMAX & LTE (4G), ZigBee, 802.11, 802.15.4 & 802.16) Market in Consumer Electronics & Automation Applications, Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Gallium Nitride (GaN) Semiconductor Devices (Discretes & ICs) Market, Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2022)
- Hardware Encryption Market - By Algorithms (AES, RSA), Architectures (FPGA, ASIC), Products (Hard Disk Drives, USB Drives and In-Line Encryptors), Applications, Verticals and Geography - Analysis & Forecast (2013 - 2018)
- Memory Integrated Circuits (IC) Market to 2016 - Portable Gadgets Such as Smartphones, Tablet PCs and Ultrabooks to Boost Demand for Mobile DRAM and NAND Flash