New Energy market report from GlobalData: "Increased Shale Gas Production and Natural Gas Trading is Driving the Growth of Salt Cavern Type Underground Gas Storage Sites in the US"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/10/2012 -- The scope of the underground gas storage industry in the US has increased due to the increased trading of natural gas and the commercial production of natural gas from shale plays. The increased trading of natural gas has given impetus to the development of salt cavern type storage sites, as these sites allow faster injections and withdrawals of natural gas than other types of storage facilities. Increased shale gas production in the country has resulted in massive pipeline capacity expansion plans, which will spur the development of the underground gas storage industry. The increased trading of natural gas is also expected to decrease the relevance of the depleted oil and gas field type sites, which accounted for approximately 82.6% of the total working gas capacity in 2011.
- The report highlights impact of natural gas trading on the growth of salt cavern type underground storage sites in the US.
- The report discusses the relevance of depleted type storage sites in the US due to increased natural gas trading.
- The report highlights benefits of salt cavern type storage sites.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Reasons to Get this Report
- To understand the drivers behind the growth of salt cavern type underground gas storage sites in the US.
- To know the impact of shale gas production on the US midstream infrastructure.
- To know about major midstream service contracts awarded in the US during 2011 and 2012.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Underground Gas Storage in North America - Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2016
- Underground Gas Storage Industry Outlook in North America, 2011 - Details of All Operating and Planned Gas Storage Sites to 2014
- Poland Gas Markets, 2012
- Natural Gas Industry to 2017 - Depleting Conventional Crude Oil Reserves and Emerging Technologies in Gas Consumption Infrastructure Driving Growth
- Spain Gas Markets, 2012
- Romania Gas Markets, 2012
- Italy Gas Markets, 2012
- Turkey Gas Markets, 2012
- China Gas Markets, 2011
- BP p.l.c. (BP.) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile