New Consumer Goods market report from Business Monitor International: "India Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/06/2014 -- The Indian consumer electronics spending is growing rapidly, with robust demand growth for computer hardware and handsets driving spending higher. We expect the total consumer electronics spend in India will increase by 16.3% in US dollar terms in 2014 to USD46.1bn. The medium term outlook is strong, with spending forecast to be driven by rising incomes, declining device prices and the fact that 45% of India's population is under 25. PC market growth is currently being driven by laptops and by tablets, albeit sales of the latter are growing from a very small base. Meanwhile, sales of smartphones are expected to be the outperforming segment of the market as first-time buyers continue to enter the market alongside the boost from consumers upgrading to smartphones. Spending on consumer electronics devices is projected to grow at an overall CAGR of 10.9% through to the end of our five-year forecast to 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: USD18.8bn in 2013 to USD21.1bn in 2014; +12.1% in US dollar terms. Rapidly increasing demand for tablets the fastest growing device category, but we expect notebook demand will also increase.
- AV Sales: USD13.8bn in 2013 to USD15.1bn in 2014; +9.5% in US dollar terms. AV is forecast to be the underperforming segment of the market as TV set price erosion limits increases in market value.
- Handset Sales: USD7.0bn in 2013 to USD9.9bn in 2014; +40.6% in US dollar terms. The handset market is booming as vendors target the smartphone upgrade opportunity and first-time buyers entering the market.
Key Trends & Developments
The handset market is developing rapidly in India, and BMI expects it to be an outperforming market over the medium term. This has attracted the interest of global vendors attempting to compete with local manufacturers. For instance, in May 2014 Sony announced it is aiming to double handset sales in India to 4mn during 2014, as it aims for revenue of INR5.5bn. As part of its...
The India Consumer Electronics Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering both the manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products, critically analysing - and forecasting - the market dynamics affecting each sub-sector, including audio-visual, computers, mobile handsets, gaming and automotives electronics. Furthermore, the report analyses the domestic and global economic trends driving device demand and provides company rankings and competitive landscapes covering leading multinational and national consumer electronics companies and analysis of latest industry news and trends in India.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s India Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the consumer electronics industry in India.
- Benchmark BMI's independent consumer electronics industry forecasts for India to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Indian consumer electronics market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in India through our reviews of latest industry trends and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence with company SWOT analyses.
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering consumer electronics, major investments and projects.
Consumer Electronics Market
Analysis of the size of the domestic market for electronics products, with in-depth assessment and data covering the dynamics driving each sub-sector; audio-visual, computers, mobile phone handsets and gaming devices, as well as demand for automotives electronics.
Analysis and data of the domestic electronics manufacturing sector. We assess the regulatory and business operational issues facing manufacturers - including openness to foreign investment, infrastructure, IP issues and the global demand context - and their impact on the production of electronics goods, which is again broken down via market sub-sectors.
Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecast, covering computers, communications and gaming devices. Indicators include:
Industry value (US$bn); population (mn); nominal GDP (US$bn); real GDP growth (%), GDP per capita, industrial production Index (% y-o-y ave.) unemployment % of labour force.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Poland Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Egypt Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Israel Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- South Africa Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Serbia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Colombia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Russia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Hong Kong Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014