Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "India Infrastructure Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/02/2015 -- We remain conservative towards the near-term growth outlook for India's construction and infrastructure sectors despite the improvement in growth in Q1 2014/15. Even though the results of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections have increased the likelihood for policy formation and execution as well as greater coordination between ministries, other factors dampening construction and infrastructure activity are unlikely to be resolved anytime soon. Reforms in energy and transport sector show encouraging signs for the industry, however, and it is possible that BMI will upgrade its outlook in the future.
Key Trends And Developments
- The new administration has made significant progress in introducing reforms and encouraging growth in the power sector since assuming office in May 2014, and we expect to see results of this progress in 2015. For instance, the administration has relaxed environmental laws for major infrastructure and mining projects and cleared the backlog of projects awaiting environmental approval. This is in line with our view for the administration to reduce red tape for the power sector, and we expect to see growth in 2015 pickup as the turnaround time for projects is reduced. The government has also proposed giving power utilities a 10-year tax holiday and reductions in import duties of generation equipment in the FY2014/15 budget.
- In July 2014, the government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi plans to develop 200 low-cost airports in Tier-II and Tier-III towns across India in the next few years. The government has already identified 50 such cities across the country under the first phase of this development. The Airports Authority of India formulated a cost-effective model to provide air connectivity to these smaller towns. Civil Aviation Minister P Ashok Gajapathi Raju presented plans to develop 50 no-frills airports in several states of the country and greenfield airports, which are in the pipeline for Navi Mumbai, Goa, Pune,...
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The India Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's India Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Indian infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for India to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Indian infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Indian infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in India.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments. These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, pipelines and so on).
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the infrastructure and construction sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (up to 2012) and forecasts to end-2024 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key developments in the market and risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
Construction: Industry value (USDbn); contribution to GDP (%); total capital investment (USDbn); real growth (%).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Greece Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Ukraine Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Oman Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Infrastructure Report Q1 2015