Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/25/2012 -- India is ranked as the second-largest producer of cement in the world, only behind China. The Indian cement industry increased in value at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.14% during the review period (2007-2011), and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.64% over the forecast period (2012-2016). This growth is primarily attributed to the government's high level of infrastructure spending, and the country's increasing number of residential and commercial construction activities. The Indian government invested US$500 billion on infrastructure during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan (2007-2012) and revealed plans to invest a further US$1 trillion on infrastructure during the Twelfth Five-Year Plan (2012-2017). The large-scale investment on various infrastructure projects, including roads, railways, bridges and ports, will generate a huge demand for cement over the forecast period. Shorter deadlines for builders to complete projects, labor shortages, space constraints in large cities, the growing need for mechanization and the backlog of infrastructure projects are the main factors driving the increased use of ready-mixed concrete (RMC) in India. Large township projects in the suburbs of India's leading cities where IT zones are prominent are also generating more demand for RMC. Upcoming infrastructure projects, including energy, roads, ports and airport projects, across India will continue to drive the growth of RMC in India over the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- India is the second-largest producer of cement in the world.
- India has surplus production capacity. Despite this, more capacity addition is expected over the forecast period.
- The acceptance of ready-mixed cement is particularly strong in urban centers. The reliability of supply and consistent quality of ready-mixed concrete are the main reasons for the increasing popularity of the product, as these product qualities improve the productivity of builders.
- Total investment in real estate is projected to reach US$1 trillion over the forecast period. The Indian government invested US$500 billion on infrastructure during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan (2007-2012) and revealed plans to invest a further US$1 trillion on infrastructure during the Twelfth Five-Year Plan (2012-2017). These investments will drive the growth of the cement industry in India over the forecast period.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Indian cement industry
- It provides historical values for the Indian cement industry for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of production capacity, imports and exports of cement
- It details the regulatory framework for the Indian cement industry
- It covers an exhaustive summary on key trends, drivers and issues affecting the Indian cement industry
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Holcim, Aditya Birla Group, Jaypee Cement, India Cements, Lafarge, UltraTech Cement Limited, ACC Limited, Ambuja Cements Limited, Jaiprakash Associates Limited
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Brazilian Cement Industry Outlook: Business Opportunities and Future Growth Potential to 2016
- Russian Cement Industry Outlook: Business Opportunities and Future Growth Potential to 2016
- Chinese Cement Industry Outlook: Business Opportunities and Future Growth Potential to 2016
- Business Opportunities in the Water and Sewage Infrastructure Construction Industry in BRIC
- Business Opportunities in Energy Infrastructure Construction in BRIC
- Business Opportunities in the Rail and Road Infrastructure Construction Industry in BRIC
- Business Opportunities in the Retail Buildings Construction Market in BRIC
- Earthmoving Equipment in BRIC Countries - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses, and Forecasts to 2016
- Business Opportunities in the Leisure and Hospitality Buildings Construction Industry in BRIC
- Business Opportunities in the Energy Infrastructure Construction Industry in India: Market Profile