Fast Market Research recommends "Indonesia Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/14/2014 -- Indonesia's underlying economic growth story will be supportive of consumer electronics market expansion over the medium term and make it a regional outperformer during our forecast period to 2018. Additional trends will support growth, for instance investment by telecoms operators in wireline and wireless data networks and the declining price of devices in key categories such as tablets and smartphones due to competition between local and Chinese vendors in the Android ecosystem. This trend should see rapidly rising penetration in key product categories. Overall market growth will see the market reach US $16.6bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate of 8.5%. However, there is downside risk to this bullish outlook, with the depreciation of the rupiah and shifting global sentiment to emerging markets in early 2014 potentially disruptive to the existing growth trajectory.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: US$4.1bn in 2014 to US$7bn in 2018, CAGR of 10.5% 2014-2018. Due to low penetration we expect growth in notebook volumes, contrasting with the developed market trend, but nonetheless it will be tablets that outperform with unit growth CAGR of 23.4% to reach over 10.4mn units in 2018.
- AV Sales: rising from US$2.4bn in 2014 to US$3.2bn in 2018, CAGR of 8% 2014-2018. The increasing share of sales going to flat-screen TVs will drive increases in market value, offsetting the squeeze on audio devices and digital cameras from the rise of multi-functional smartphones.
- Handset Sales: rising from US$5bn in 2014 to US$6.4bn in 2018, a CAGR of 6.7% 2014-2018. Overall market growth will plateau due to the high penetration of mobile devices, however with an increasing share of sales attributable to smartphones the average selling price of devices will increase.
Key Trends & Developments
The smartphone market in Indonesia is booming, helping to offset the slowdown in the handset market as a whole due to market maturity. BMI estimates smartphone volumes reached 12mn in 2013, and will increase at a CAGR of 24% 2014-2018 to reach 35.2mn in 2018. This trend will be driven by a range of factors including rising incomes, data network investment by mobile operators and price competition driving down prices - particularly in the Android ecosystem. Samsung dominates the Indonesian smartphone market, but an array of regional outperformers are targeting the mid-range of the market looking to undercut the global leader. Chinese vendors challenging Samsung include Lenovo and Oppo, while local vendors such as Smartfren, Cross, Axioo and Polytron present a medium term challenge, particularly in a context of import restrictions.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Thailand Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Venezuela Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- South Africa Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Bahrain Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Israel Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Chile Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Peru Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Serbia Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014
- Philippines Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2014