New Medical Devices market report from Markets and Markets: "Infection Control Market - Global forecast to 2017"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/18/2013 -- Infection Control Market [Sterilization (EtO Sterilization, E-Beam, Gamma, Steam, Low Temperature & Contract Services) & Disinfection (Endoscope Reprocessing, Disinfectant, Disinfector, Face Mask, Drapes, Surgical Gowns, Wipes) - Global forecast to 2017
Sterilization and disinfection are essential components of infection-control procedures. There has been a surge of cleaning standards and mounting pressure for sterilized medical devices and disinfection in hospitals and clinics, which has triggered the growth of the medical sterilization and disinfection market. With an increase in aging population across the globe and a demand for healthcare services, change in the healthcare reimbursement policies is pushing the providers of sterilization and disinfection to improve their operations by providing high-quality service at lower costs. These factors are expected to propel the growth of this market. The overall infection control market will grow at a steady pace of around 6% and will reach $14.0 billion by 2017 from $10.5 billion in 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
With the introduction of technically enhanced instruments in the market like endoscopes and analyzers, there has been an increased need for advanced sterilizers that are compatible with the same. This has brought about a drastic shift from steam sterilizers to low temperature sterilizers with its wide range of technologies such as ethylene oxide (EtO), vaporized hydrogen peroxide (VHP), hydrogen peroxide gas plasma, and ozone gas based sterilization.
The report also studies the sterilization services market, which includes healthcare solutions, hospital sterilization services, and applied sterilization technologies. This market, too, has witnessed a rise in demand. Contract sterilization services, in particular, is a common trend due to stringent regulatory requirements imposed by regulatory agencies like International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI). Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), hence, prefer outsourcing, as it reduces costs on sterilizing and disinfecting equipment in-house by focusing on their other business core competencies. However, in the near future, in-house sterilization is expected to give healthy competition to contract sterilization services mainly due to the advent of hydrogen gas plasma and vapor hydrogen peroxide that are preferred to be used in-house. It also offers better quality assurance with just-in-time facility for sterilized products.
Gamma and E-beam types of sterilization services are poised to have better growth over EtO in the near future due to their wider application with respect to sterilization of food, pharmaceutical, medical devices, life sciences, and cosmetic products.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Electrophysiology Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Ultrasound Systems - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Computed Tomography (CT) Systems - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- United States Cardiovascular Devices Market Outlook to 2017 - Cardiac Rhythm Management, Interventional Cardiology, Peripheral Vascular Devices, Prosthetic Heart Valves, Electrophysiology and Others
- Arthroscopy Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecast to 2017
- X-Ray Systems - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Ophthalmic Diagnostic Equipment - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Renal Dialysis Equipment - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) - Global Opportunity Assessment, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Nuclear Imaging Equipment - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017