New Manufacturing research report from Canadean is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/26/2014 -- An overview of beverage packaging innovation in the context of the global markets for soft drinks, dairy drinks, beer, cider, wine, spirits and flavored alcoholic beverages. It is divided into 11 sections covering an Executive summary, a Key Mega Trends in Beverage and Packaging Markets, Key Trends in the Global Beverage Market, Key Trends in the Global Packaging Market, Overview of Innovations in Packaging, Innovations in Glass Packaging, Innovations in Rigid Packaging, Innovations in Flexible Packaging, Innovation in Paper and Board Packaging, Innovation in Metal Packaging, and Innovation in Labelling.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report provides an overview of packaging innovation in the context of the global market for beverage products (soft drinks, dairy drinks, beer, cider, wine, spirits, and flavored alcoholic beverages). This will give product manufacturers, packaging converters, and other suppliers to the industry an overview of the current key innovations in beverage packaging, as well as an indication of where the future of the packaged beverage market is heading.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Beverage markets continue to become more competitive and sophisticated as manufacturers and marketers increasingly look to develop products to satisfy regional preferences, rather than adopting a 'one size fits all' approach. The industry is also addressing the specific needs of identified target segments based on a range of criteria including age, gender, lifestyle and purchasing power. Packaging innovation is required to meet the various and changing needs of all sections of the supply chain - from the manufacturer through to consumer - within an increasingly demanding regulatory environment.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
2012 and 2013 have seen an increased breakdown in pre-conceptions of the packaging formats for certain drinks, with producers starting to adopt the 'alternative packaging format' prototypes that were initially launched years prior. Where bottles used to be glass or plastic, these could now be made from board or rigid metal. Cartons are shaped to be user friendly and easier to pour. Visual enhancements, including different finishes and inks provide the extra shelf appeal needed to attract attention. An increasing focus on the consumer has been evident, with producers actively seeking consumer input regarding more suitable shapes, sizes, and packaging designs.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This is an essential read for anyone involved in beverage packaging, NPD and consumer insights
Key Features and Benefits
An overview of the Key Trends affecting the Beverage and Beverage Packaging Markets overall.
An overview of the global beverage market, by category and region
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Manufacturing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Innovation in Beverage Packaging, 2013 - A review of recent trends, drivers and issues in global retail beverage packaging
- Beverage Packaging Market By Beverage Types (Non-Alcoholic, Alcoholic & Dairy), Packaging Types (Bottle, Can, Pouch, Carton, Draught, Bulk & Others), Material (Glass, Plastic, PET, HDPE, Metal, Paper-Board & Others) - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Innovation in Caps and Closures 2013 - A Review of Recent Innovation and Trends, Drivers and Issues in Global Caps and Closures Markets
- Global Packaging Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Marketing Strategies in the Global Packaging Industry
- Latest Trends and Key Issues in the Chilean Retail Packaging Market - The outlook for primary packaging containers, closures and outers
- Innovation in Health and Beauty Packaging, 2013 - A review of recent trends, drivers and issues in global Health and Beauty packaging
- Latest Trends and Key Issues in the Thailand Retail Packaging Market - The outlook for primary packaging containers, closures and outers
- Global Private Label Trends and Packaging Innovation, 2013 - A review of the current trends, drivers and developments in private label and their impact on packaging innovation and design
- Innovations in Food Packaging, 2013 - A review of recent trends, drivers and issues in global food packaging
- Caps & Closures Market by Raw Material (Plastic, Metal & Others), Applications (Food, Beverage, Personal Care & Home Care, Pharma & Industrial), Types (Plastic: Screw, Dispensing, Metal: Screw & Lug, Can Ends, Others) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018