New Food market report from Datamonitor: "Innovations in Clean Label"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/06/2013 -- Clean labeling is a recognized trend in the FMCG industry, yet there remains no single, unified definition. More importantly, the term is not widely understood by consumers, who instead look for products containing natural ingredients. By examining how this trend has evolved, and the current innovation landscape, this report offers recommendations on how manufacturers can connect with consumers.
Scope of the Report:
- Understand the most important recent developments in the clean labeling landscape.
- Examine how the trend has evolved in terms of product innovation and associated claims.
- Use a strategic analysis of clean labeling to inform future product innovation
- Assess what the trend means to consumers, why it is important, and how manufacturers can communicate a clean label message on their product packaging.
- Benefit from product launch data showing how clean label messaging has become more specific and direct.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key consumer drivers for clean labeling are the wish for better labeling of products (69% of consumers globally back stricter legislation) and demands for shorter ingredients lists (72% of consumers in the US find the idea either appealing or very appealing).
Product launch data suggest that clean label-qualifying claims are at best static or growing very slightly. US data suggest that manufacturers are making far fewer claims around either removal of additives or natural/organic qualities of products. Since 2008, product simplicity has been a more important theme for manufacturers.
The clean label cycle is an evolving flow between ingredient transparency, consumer education and awareness, and product formulation: throughout this process, manufacturers need to keep the focus on consumer trust.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What does clean labeling mean to the industry and to consumers?
- What benefit can manufacturers gain by utilizing a clean label message?
- How can manufacturers communicate a clean label message to consumers?
- In which product categories is clean labeling most significant and important?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Westport Innovations Inc. (WPT) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- G24 Innovations Limited - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Innovations in Food Packaging, 2013 - A review of recent trends, drivers and issues in global food packaging
- Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. (STP) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Saffron Hill Ventures, Ltd. - Clean Technology - Investment Profile
- Grocery Retailers in the US
- Stuart Mill Venture Partners, L.P. - Clean Technology - Investment Profile
- Retailing in Mexico
- One Earth Capital - Clean Technology - Investment Profile
- Retailing in the US