Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/25/2014 -- Description
According to IDF (the International Diabetes Federation), incidence of diabetes among adults aged 20-79 in the world was 8.3% in 2013 with 382 million patients worldwide. The number of diabetes patients in China was more than 98 million, ranking the first in the world. The rapid growth of diabetes patients is becoming a serious economic and social issue in China and other developing countries.
The first ultra-short-acting human insulin analogue insulin lispro (produced by Eli Lilly and Company with the trade name "Humalog") was launched in 1996 and approved by FDA. Insulin lispro is a fast acting insulin analogue with one primary advantage over regular insulin for postprandial glucose control. It has a shortened delay of onset, allowing slightly more flexibility than regular insulin, which requires a longer waiting period before starting a meal after injection. In 2012, global sales revenue of Humalog reached nearly USD 2.4 billion.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Humalog was launched in China in 2005 and its annual sales revenue continues to grow rapidly. According to CRI's investigation on certain Chinese sample hospital market, the sales revenue of insulin lispro in Chinese hospitals grew more than 100 times from 2005 to 2013. Most of the market is occupied by Eli Lilly and Company while the other belongs to Gan & Lee Pharmaceuticals. There used to be legal disputes between the two companies over the patent of insulin lispro in China. Based on CRI's investigation, insulin lispro produced by other Chinese enterprises will soon appear on the market.
Incidence of diabetes continues to rise in China as life improves and lifestyle changes. IDF predicts that the number of diabetes patients in China will reach 143 million in 2035, which is still top of the world. Since market size of insulin lispro is growing rapidly in China, huge potential exists in the market.
Through this report, the readers can acquire the following information:
- Incidence of Diabetes in China
- Market Share of Major Insulin Lispro Manufacturers in Sample Hospitals in China
- Sales Price of Insulin Lispro in Hospital Market in China
Patent Status of Insulin Lispro in China
- Production Status of Insulin Lispro in China
- Major Insulin Lispro Enterprises in China
- Prospect of China Insulin Lispro Market
The following enterprises and people are recommended to purchase this report:
- Anti-diabetic Drug Manufacturers
- Medical Institutions
- Investors /Research Agencies Focusing on Anti-diabetic Drug Market
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Investigation Report on China Insulin Glargine Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Insulin Aspart Market, 2009-2018
- Type 1 Diabetes (Juvenile Diabetes) - Pipeline Review, H1 2013
- Insulin Resistance - Pipeline Review, H1 2013
- Type 1 Diabetes (Juvenile Diabetes) - Pipeline Review, H2 2013
- Type 2 Diabetes - Pipeline Review, H2 2013
- Investigation Report on China Duloxetine Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Sildenafil Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Pregabalin Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Budesonide Market, 2009-2018