Recently published research from IBISWorld, "Investment Banking & Securities Dealing in the US", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/17/2012 -- High and low: IPO and M&A activity will aid demand, but regulations will hurt growth
Investment Banking & Securities Dealing in the US
High and low: The Investment Banking and Securities Dealing industry has been on a roller coaster ride since the beginning of the five years to 2012. The recession, highlighted by contracting equity markets and low business confidence, destroyed initial public offerings (IPOs) and merger and acquisition (M&A) activity. However, revenue has recovered since then and will likely continue over the next five years. Specifically, strong revenue growth in IPOs and M&A activity will drive marginal growth over the five years to 2017.
This industry comprises investment banks and firms that engage in investment banking activities. This includes corporate finance activities such as debt and equity underwriting, financial advisory services (M&As and IPOs) and corporate lending. Investment banks also undertake trading for clients and trade on their own account (principal trading). Other activities may include asset management, investment advice and securities services (prime brokerage).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Bank of America Corporation, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., The Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Citigroup Inc., Morgan Stanley
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Investment Banking & Securities Brokerage in Australia
- Global Banking Industry Outlook Survey 2012-2013: Industry Dynamics, Market Trends and Opportunities, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies
- 2011 U.S. Investment Banking & Securities Dealing Industry-Jobs & Wages Report
- 2011 U.S. Investment Banking & Securities Dealing Industry-Capital & Expenses Report
- Investment Banking & Securities Brokerage in the UK
- Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corporation (1120) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Japan Commercial Banking Report Q3 2012
- The Chinese HNWI Market in 2012
- Russia Commercial Banking Report Q3 2012
- Samsung Securities Co., Ltd. (016360) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)