Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Iraq Defence & Security Report Q3 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/30/2013 -- The report examines the trends occurring in the country's current and future defence procurement, and the order of battle across its armed forces. The intention is to provide a clear and concise discussion of these issues. The report's general conclusion is that Iraq remains at serious risk of fragmentation, partly as a result of the failure of its political parties to work together, and due to the increasingly bloody insurgency that continues to take the lives of hundreds of civilians each month. However, although the country continues to suffer serious violence, its general level of security is improving, particularly in the north and south of the country, although Baghdad continues to suffer high levels of violence.
A new offensive by al-Qaeda in the second half of 2012 caused hundreds of deaths in dozens of towns and cities across the country, with the security services seemingly powerless to stop them. Regionally, Iraq remains highly vulnerable to instability in Syria and also to the designs of Iran, which continues to wield undue influence over Iraqi affairs. Internally, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has worsened sectarian tensions by failing to deliver on a promise to implement a power-sharing agreement designed to safeguard the rights of the country's different ethnic and religious groups.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The United States still aims to support Iraq through arms sales and other programmes, but even this intention is being challenged by Baghdad's failure to use all the funds that Washington has allocated for it. Over the past quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
- Full details of major defence procurement programmes and deliveries of materiel ongoing throughout the country's armed forces.
- Updated information regarding Iraq's security risk ratings.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Brazil Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Poland Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Bulgaria Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Croatia Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Indonesia Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Singapore Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Spain Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Turkey Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- France Defence & Security Report Q2 2013