DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/19/2019 -- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
Irritable Bowel Syndrome affects 1 in 5 people and usually develops in the age of 20 to 30 years.
1. Irritable bowel syndrome is the most common functional gastrointestinal disorder with worldwide prevalence rates ranging generally in the area of 10–15%.
2. Among patients, about 40% of them have mild Irritable bowel syndrome, 35% suffer from moderate Irritable bowel syndrome and 25% from severe Irritable bowel syndrome.
3. A significant proportion – 35% to 40% – of individuals who report IBS in the community are male. On the other hand, approximately 60% to 65% of individuals who report IBS in the community are female.
DelveInsight launched a new report on Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Irritable Bowel Syndrome market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome epidemiology and Irritable Bowel Syndrome market in the 7 MM (United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Irritable Bowel Syndrome market report provides insights into current and emerging therapies.
3. Irritable Bowel Syndrome market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Irritable Bowel Syndrome market report provides an edge that will help in developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the Irritable Bowel Syndrome market.
"Around twice as many women are affected as men"
Request for sample pages
Irritable Bowel Syndrome management consists primarily of providing psychological support and recommending dietary measures. The selection of pharmacologic treatment remains symptom directed. Agents used for the Irritable Bowel Syndrome management include anticholinergics, antidiarrheals, tricyclic antidepressants, prokinetic agents, bulk-forming laxatives, serotonin receptor antagonists, chloride channel activators, and guanylate cyclase C (GC-C) agonists.
IBS Agents such as Linaclotide and lubiprostone enhance chloride-rich intestinal fluid secretions without altering sodium and potassium concentrations in the serum. Anticholinergic agents such as Dicyclomine and hyoscyamine are antispasmodics that inhibit intestinal smooth-muscle depolarization at the muscarinic receptor. These agents help to relieve symptoms of intestinal spasms in irritable bowel syndrome.
Antidiarrheals agents such as Diphenoxylate hydrochloride and Loperamide are non-absorbable synthetic opioids. They prolong the gastrointestinal transit time and decrease secretion via peripheral ?-opioid receptors. They reduce visceral nociception via afferent pathway inhibition. Tricyclic antidepressants have both anti-depressive and analgesic properties. Agents such as imipramine and amitriptyline are efficacious in treating symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. The use of tricyclic antidepressants in irritable bowel syndrome is off label. Antibiotics such Rifaximin may play a role in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome by preventing the overgrowth of intestinal bacteria. Bulk-Forming Laxatives such as Methylcellulose is made of natural and semi-synthetic hydrophilic polysaccharides and cellulose derivatives that dissolve or swell in the intestinal fluid, forming emollient gels that facilitate the passage of intestinal contents and stimulate peristalsis.
Companies involved are
1. Ironwood Pharmaceuticals
2. Synergy Pharmaceuticals
3. Axcan Scandipharm
4. Sucampo Pharmaceuticals
and many others.
Drugs that are involved are
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market Overview at a Glance
3. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Disease Background and Overview
4. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Country- Wise Epidemiology
5.1. United States
5.2.5. United Kingdom
6. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatment & Medical Practices
7. Marketed Drugs
7.1. Linzess: Ironwood Pharmaceuticals
7.2. Drug Description
7.3. Trulance: Synergy Pharmaceuticals
8. Therapeutics under Development by Companies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. Emerging Drugs
8.2.1. Rifamycin SV-MMX: Cosmo Technologies
8.2.2. Blautix: 4D pharma plc
9. Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Market Size
10. 7MM Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Country-Wise Market Analysis
10.1. United States
10.4. United Kingdom
11. Market Drivers
12. Market Barriers
14. Report Methodology
15. DelveInsight Capabilities
17. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.