New York, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/14/2017 -- WiseGuyReports published new report, titled "The Baby Food Market in Italy".
"The Baby Food Market in Italy 2017" is an analytical report by which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Italian market.
The Italian baby food market has been contracting for the past six years, and enforced price decreases in the milks sector and lower prices in real terms in all other sectors, have depressed values. Overall consumption fell by 12.8% and retail sales fell by 10.6% in current price terms between 2010 and 2016. Nonetheless, per capita consumption remains high. Consumption of milks remains low, due to high prices and increased breastfeeding rates. Demand is expected to continue to fall, largely due to the forecast decline in the number of births, and slow economic progress. Between 2016 and 2022 consumption is predicted to decline by 7% in terms of volume and with value growth of 6%.
GET SAMPLE REPORT @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-request/1510408-the-baby-food-market-in-italy-2017 What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
- Italy's baby population (aged 0-3 years) has declined steadily since a recent peak of just over million babies in 2009. By 2016, the total had dropped to million, a fall of 12.8% compared with 2006.
- The market for baby food stood at tons in 2016, representing a 12.8% decrease over 2010 adversely affected by the fall in the number of births, as well as by the poor economic situation.
- Wet meals are the largest category in both volume and value terms, accounting for 49% of consumption and 41.5% of retail sales.
- All of the leading market players are involved in the local production of baby food. The market is dominated by the multinationals Heinz and Danone with a combined 79.5% of value sales and 83.8% of volume sales in 2016.
- Vegetable-based and sweet meals account for the vast majority of exports, with milks & cereals accounting for just 5% in 2015.
- Grocery stores account for the majority of value sales, at 84% in 2016, a share that has been steadily rising since 2010, largely due to the convenience and lower prices often offered by the grocery sector.
Key points to buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyze current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Table of Contents
Background to the Market
Birth: Live Birth Rates
Birth: Live Births by Region
Birth: Measures to Boost the Birth Rate
Key Features and Developments
FOR ANY QUERY, CONTACT US @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/enquiry/1510408-the-baby-food-market-in-italy-2017
About Wise Guy Reports
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Email Us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Reach Us at : +1 339 368 6938 (US) +44 208 133 9349 (UK)