Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/28/2014 -- Core Views We view positively the urgent structural reform agenda of new Prime Minister Matteo Renzi. However, we remain sceptical that he will be able to avoid the chronic instability, political infighting and rigid vested interests that that have in the past impeded reform efforts. Lack of significant structural reform in the previous years seriously jeopardises Italy's long-term growth trajectory, and raises the risks that the public sector debt burden will become unsustainable. Even if reforms aimed at addressing Italy's decline in productivity growth and external competitiveness are passed, an ageing demographic profile will make debt consolidation efforts over the long term exceedingly difficult. Public sector debt levels imply that Italy will eventually be forced to undergo a period of fiscal consolidation over the next decade, which will likely have negative implications for the country's social fabric, regional and global standing and governability.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Country Reports research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Chile Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Brazil Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Trinidad & Tobago Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Hungary Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Croatia Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Russia Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Canada Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Albania Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Lithuania Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- United States Business Forecast Report Q2 2014