Fast Market Research recommends "Japan Shipping Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/30/2014 -- Japan posted a 6.8% fall in GDP in Q2 2014, according to a preliminary reading by the Cabinet Office on August 6 (RTT News). The figure, which is down from a revised 6.1% increase in Q1 2014, beats expectations of a contraction of 7.1% for the second quarter. Japan's GDP fell 1.7% quarter-on-quarter in the reported period, beating forecasts for a fall of 1.8%. The figure is down from a revised 1.5% gain in the January-March period.
The Bank of Japan's policy of trying to generate inflation to spur economic growth continues to backfire, with inflationary pressures building while the economy weakens. This is unlikely to deter them from implementing more monetary stimulus, to the detriment of capital formation, economic growth, and financial stability.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In terms of the shipping picture in Japan, this year will see the Port of Kobe leading the way in annual tonnage throughput growth, but this will be an uninspiring 2.20% and very similar to the country's other main ports, such as the Port of Nagoya (2.15%) and the Port of Tokyo (2.05%). In purely tonnage terms, the country's outperformer is the Port of Nagoya with tonnage set to reach more than 212mn tonnes.
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 Port of Nagoya tonnage forecast to grow by 2.15% to reach 212.712mn tonnes, down from 2013's 2.78% growth rate. Box traffic at the same port will grow by 2.62% to 2.780mn twenty-foot equivalents (TEUs), up from 2.01% in the preceding year.
- The Port of Tokyo will remain Japan's largest container terminal, with box traffic gaining 1.03% to 4.40mn TEUs in 2014, marginally down from 2.79% growth in 2013.
- The Port of Yokohama will see a 2.00% tonnage growth to 121.553mn tonnes (up from 1.83% contraction in the preceding year) in 2014, and 1.20% container growth to 3.022mn TEUs (up from 5.39% contraction in 2013).
- 2014 total trade growth forecast to expand by 4.65% in real terms. Import growth at 6.50% will exceed exports at 2.80%.
Trends and Developments
MOL To Implement GRR...
The Japan Shipping Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data and Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasting, critically analysing international transport of dry bulk and containers. The report evaluates the global commodities and trade backdrop, alongside in-depth country-specific analysis of trade prospects. The report also contains company profiles covering leading multinational and national shipping companies and analysis of latest industry news, trends and regulatory developments in Japan.
BMI's Japan Shipping Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the shipping industry in Japan.
- Benchmark BMI's independent shipping industry forecasts for Japan to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Japanese shipping market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Japan through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence and company SWOTS on your competitors and peers including multinational and national companies.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering shipping, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis of the state's shipping sector, which carefully evaluates the short- and medium-term issues facing the industry.
Analysis of the capacity, terminals and planned development of the major ports in each country, including data on throughput and total tonnage.
Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series (2008-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and macroeconomic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Major port freight throughput (tonnes/teu); overall freight throughput (teu); total imports (US$bn) and exports (US$bn).
Company profiles include business activities, leading products and services, company strategy, trends and developments and economic performance analysis.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- India Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Vietnam Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Australia Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Greece Shipping Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Saudi Arabia Shipping Report Q4 2014
- China Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Taiwan Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Venezuela Shipping Report Q4 2014