New Software market report from Kable Market Intelligence: "Joined-up local government: Corporate systems in local authorities"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/24/2013 -- Product Synopsis
This report summarizes the status of the UK public sector corporate systems within local authorities market. It is intended both for those currently working with public sector clients, and those considering this market for the first time.
Introduction and Landscape
A new report by Kable Market Intelligence finds that UK councils spent more than GBP270m on finance and management software in 2012/13. But as central corporate functions have a key role to play in supporting major efficiency and transformation programmes - especially in assisting service leaders in aligning processes and resources to meet current and future requirements - demand for more modernised and integrated solutions will grow.
Although the market is mostly dominated by the larger and more established tier one suppliers such as SAP and Oracle, it is opening up for a range of alternative providers, as demonstrated by the recent successes of UNIT4, Advanced Business Solutions and MidlandHR.
The migration to more flexible cloud-based solutions will help diversify the market, and Kable's study has identified a growing interest among local authorities in 'as a service' models for corporate systems, with the majority of councils surveyed agreeing the market and solutions have matured sufficiently to be considered a credible alternative to on-premise systems.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Features and Benefits
Kable covers the use of ICT in the public sector across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Key Market Issues
- Gain insight into the public sector ICT corporate systems within local authorities market in the UK.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Capita, Northgate, SAP, Civica, Unit4, Advanced Business Solutions, ABS, Kable, Advanced Computer Software, ACS, Oracle, Pitney Bowes, EGS, JCAD, Covalent Software, InPhase, LexisNexis, Microsoft, Agilisys BT, Arvato, Agresso, Serco, Cedar, MidlandHR, Figtree Systems.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Software research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Local Routes - Applications used by local Government to deliver transport
- Government Cloud Market By Agency (Federal Cloud, State and Local Cloud, Defense & Military Cloud), By Delivery (Saas, Paas, Iaas), By Deployment (Public, Private, Hybrid, Community) Global Advancements, Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Buying and selling in the local market: Local government procurement and supplier landscape
- A local outlook - Local govt ICT forecast to 2016-2017
- The UK Defense Industry - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2017
- Local Government ICT Spending in the UK to 2016/17 - Services Market
- The Japanese Defense Industry: Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2017
- The Turkish Defense Industry: Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2017
- The Greek Defense Industry: Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2017
- The Austrian Defense Industry - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2017