New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/11/2014 -- Continuing political instability in the region is having a detrimental impact on the country's economy and healthcare sector which is burden ed with many Syrian refugees . Th e Jordanian government is continuing to invest in the country's healthcare sector through training more staff and developing additional infrastructure. This will expand access to health services among the population and provide opportunities for drugmakers looking to enter the Jordanian pharmaceutical market.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: JOD641mn (USD903mn) in 2013 to JOD658mn (USD926mn) in 2014; +2.6% in local currency terms and US dollar terms. Forecast in line with Q414.
- Healthcare: JOD2.08bn (USD2.93bn) in 2013 to JOD2.21bn (USD3.12bn) in 2014; +6.3% in local currency terms and US dollar terms. Forecast remains unchanged from Q414.
In our Q115 Risk/Reward Index, Jordan remains in 11th position out of 31 markets surveyed in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region, with a score of 46.2 out of 100. Generally speaking, although Jordan offers a relatively favourable investment environment in terms of Risks, its small population size (of around seven million) will continue to limit pharmaceutical market growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
- In October 2014 it was announced that the expansion of the King Hussein Cancer Centre (KHCC) will feature new technologies and facilities to meet the rising demand for cancer treatment in Jordan. The centre's new expansion will consist of a new outpatient building and inpatient tower, a dedicated cell therapy and genomics department, in addition to six new operating rooms. The JOD160mn (USD225mn) expansion will be complete in 2016 and will also function as a regional oncology training hub.
- In September 2014 an agreement was signed by the Jordan Nurses and Midwives Association, Jordan Pharmaceutical Association, Jordan Laboratories Association, Private Hospitals Association and...
The Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Jordanian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Jordan to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Jordanian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Jordanian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Jordan.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Ukraine Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Singapore Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Netherlands Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015