Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/28/2012 -- BMI View: Despite the surge in mobile subscriptions in Jordan during H112, BMI expects the rate of growth to slow in the second half of the year and the remainder of our forecast period, through to 2016, as a result of increasing market saturation and deactivation of inactive lines. We expect the broadband sector, driven by the growing popularity of wireless access technologies such as 3G and WiMAX, to be the bestperforming sector in terms of revenue and subscriptions growth during our forecast period.
- After a 7.9% q-o-q surge in mobile subscriptions in Q112, growth slowed to 0.6% in Q212 as the result of net losses reported by second-ranked operator Orange Jordan.
- At the end of Q212, over 57% of broadband connections in the country were using a wireless connection, according to TRC data.
- The fixed-line market declined by 1.8% in H112, compared to an 11% decline during the same period in 2011.
- Mobile ARPUs remain under intense downward pressure despite the rapid take-up of 3G services, with average market weighted ARPU falling by 11.3% during H111.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Jordan moved up one place to ninth position on BMI's Risk/Reward Ratings table for Q412, although there was no change to the country's aggregate score. Jordan scores below the regional average in the Industry Rewards, Country Rewards and Country Risk categories of our ratings table. However, significant government interest and, often times, interference in the telecoms sector in many countries across the region place Jordan above the regional average in the Industry Risks category.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- France Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Australia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Spain Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Austria Telecommunications Report Q4 2012