Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/23/2014 -- Juice in Portugal experienced numerous difficulties maintaining sustainable growth towards the end of the review period, with strong negative growth in 2013 a reflection of this. For three consecutive years, the category has registered substantial considerable losses, with off-trade volume sales falling by 8% and off-trade value sales falling by 7% in current terms in 2013, while on-trade sales declined by 16% in both volume and current value terms.
Unlike other soft drinks categories in which international brands dominate, juice in Portugal remains under the leadership of Portuguese company Sumol+Compal with a 31% value share in 2013. The company's vast range of brands in the category include Compal, B!, Compal Vital, Compal Light and Um Bongo and this diversity has providing sufficient leverage for the company to maintain its leadership in the category.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
After three years marked by consistent retraction in consumption, juice in Portugal is expected to continue declining over the course of 2014. Harsh competition coming from other categories and the economic constraints on the majority of Portuguese consumers are expected to be the main reasons for this rather pessimistic outlook for juice in Portugal. Nonetheless, there are positive signs as the 1% off-trade volume decline predicted in the category for 2014 in constant 2013 terms is set to be a major improvement on the 7% decline registered during 2013 in off-trade volume terms.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Fruit/Vegetable Juice industry in Portugal with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Fruit/Vegetable Juice industry in Portugal, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Fruit/Vegetable Juice in Portugal market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Fruit/Vegetable Juice in Portugal?
- What are the major brands in Portugal?
- What are the flavour trends in fruit juice and vegetable juice?
- What is the market share of smoothies in the 100% juice sector? Have there been any new product launches in the last year?
- What is the key on-trade distribution for fruit juice and vegetable juice in Portugal?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Juice in the Philippines
- Juice in Hungary
- Juice in the United Kingdom
- Juice in Estonia
- Juice in Germany
- Juice in the US
- Juice in Canada
- Juice in Israel
- Juice Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Juice Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide