Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in the United Kingdom", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/08/2014 -- 100% home delivery/takeaway continued to see a positive performance in 2013, as current value sales rose by 3% to reach ?6.4 billion, and the number of transactions increased by over 10% to 220 million. The number of outlets increased by 2%. Home delivered/takeaway foods offer convenience, which remained a highly appreciated factor for consumers, due to a lack of time, and a lack of cooking skills amongst the younger generation was also a growth driver. In addition, consumers were trying to cut back their expenditure, and were more than happy to switch from dining out to the less expensive option of a night in with a takeaway meal. This is underpinned by the fact that drinks can be purchased in supermarkets, which now offer plenty of promotions.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Domino?s Pizza was the leading player in the UK in 100% home delivery/takeaway in 2013, although it operates only in the pizza category. The company benefits from a large network of outlets, which expanded with the opening of 52 stores to reach 780 in 2013. The company accounted for 52% of outlets, 57% of transactions and 71% of value sales (?587 million) in chained pizza 100% home delivery/takeaway in 2013. At the end of 2013 Domino?s partnered with Lionsgate to deliver movies with pizzas, as customers are provided with a movie download code when ordering pizza online, which they can then stream via desktop, laptop or mobile device, providing a winning combination for a night in. Movies are available for a further 48 hours after the code has been redeemed.
100% home delivery/takeaway in the UK is expected to see a positive performance over the forecast period, as a larger number of consumers opt to eat in due to the recession and reduced purchasing power, whilst demand for convenience and indulgence has not been affected by the difficult economic environment, with pizza at home still representing a treat at an affordable price.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway industry in United Kingdom with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway industry in United Kingdom, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in United Kingdom market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in United Kingdom?
- What are the major brands in United Kingdom?
- What is the most popular cuisine type in home delivery/takeaway in United Kingdom?
- How have independent pizza 100% home delivery/takeaway brands competed against chained brands?
- What new products have seen the most success for pizza or other types of 100% home delivery/takeaway operators?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Chained 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway, Independent 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway, Other 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway, Pizza 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in United Kingdom to 2018
- Consumer Foodservice in the United Kingdom
- Take-Home Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- The Future of the Oils and Fats Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in the United Arab Emirates
- The UK Ice Cream Market: What Consumers Eat and Why?
- The Future of the Meat Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Fish and Seafood Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape