New Pharmaceuticals market report from GBI Research: "ADHD Therapeutics to 2020 - Broadened Diagnostic Criteria and Growing Adult Prevalence to Drive Market Growth despite Patent Expirations"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/22/2014 -- GBI Research has released the pharma report, "ADHD Therapeutics to 2020 - Broadened Diagnostic Criteria and Growing Adult Prevalence to Drive Market Growth despite Patent Expirations" Changes in diagnostic criteria have reduced the symptom threshold for diagnosis and finally bring the acceptance of adult ADHD to the clinical setting, enabling those previously unable to obtain a diagnosis to be diagnosed for ADHD treatment. In the case of adult ADHD, 4.1% of US adults are believed to suffer from ADHD, 41.3% of these cases are classified as severe and would be eligible for therapeutic intervention.
The current ADHD therapeutics market is flooded with generics and dominated by the use of Extended-Release (ER) stimulant drugs which have superseded short-acting, Immediate-Release (IR) formulations. With dose titration per patient, ER stimulants are usually effective in 70-90% of patients. However, all stimulants apart from Vyvanse come with potential for abuse. Non-stimulants are used for those who are poor-responders, have poor cardiac history or prefer non-stimulant medication however their efficacy is lacking in comparison. Currently, 10% of adult patients are using a combination of ER and IR treatment for an additional duration, representing an unmet need within this growing ADHD segment.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The current developmental pipeline addresses these gaps in the market, with three potential non-stimulants entering the market during the forecast period and SHP465, which aims to address the unmet need in the adult ADHD segment with its tailored duration of action. In spite of anticipated drug approvals, patents expirations and increased generic competition will cause ACoT to remain fairly static and even decrease across some nations.
As a result, the global market is not expected to be driven by drug approvals, but primarily by a growing prevalence, increase in rates of diagnosis, and therefore eligible treatment population. Global market revenues are forecast to rise at a CAGR of 4.8% to $9.4 billion by 2020.
The report analyzes the incidence of ADHD, current options for its treatment, pipeline, market forecasts and deals surrounding ADHD therapeutics.The report covers and includes:
- A brief introduction into ADHD, symptoms, diagnosis, epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, economic implications of their treatment and the current treatment options for the condition.
- An analysis of the currently marketed ADHD drugs, including recent sales figures, safety and efficacy data of the drugs and a discussion of the likely performance of each drug within the forecast period.
- Comprehensive reviews of the pipeline for ADHD drugs, including individual analysis of a number of late-stage pipeline drugs that have the potential to enter the market in the forecast period. The pipeline is analyzed on the basis of phase distribution, molecule type and mechanism of action.
- Additional statistical analysis of clinical trial duration, size and attrition rate by phase and mechanism of action.
- An in-depth, multi-scenario forecast model for the ADHD drugs market in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Japan. Each model is based on the anticipated performance of both marketed drugs and any expected to be approved within the forecast period, and takes into account drug cost, patent expiration, efficacy, safety and likely prescription volumes.
- A detailed discussion of drivers and barriers for the ADHD market
- An in-depth analysis of licensing and co-development deals involving drugs indicated in ADHD, including an in-depth outline of key deals.
Reasons to Get This Report:
The report will assist business development and enable marketing executives to strategize their product launches, by allowing them to:
- Understand the key signaling pathways and molecular targets currently under investigation in drug development for ADHD.
- Gain an in-depth view of the current status of the ADHD therapeutics pipeline, including the most common molecule types and molecular targets in development.
- Observe trends in clinical trial duration and size amongst clinical phases and mechanisms of action, and use the clinical trial attrition rate analysis to assess the risk profiles of current and/or future developmental programs for ADHD therapeutics.
- Assess the potential clinical and commercial impact of current late-stage pipeline molecules in the ADHD therapeutics market.
- Analyze current and past deals surrounding ADHD therapeutics, including their value, year of deal and in-depth details of key deals within the ADHD market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Acute Lymphocytic/Lymphoblastic Leukemia Therapeutics Market - (Pipeline Forecast & Market Forecast in G8 Countries) (2011 - 2020)
- Systemic Psoriasis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - Continued Uptake of Biologics and Novel Pipeline Drugs to Drive Growth
- HIV Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - Limited Pipeline Efficacy Improvement, Patent Expirations and Stringent Healthcare Spending to Suppress Market Growth
- Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Rising Prevalence and Strong Uptake of Recent Approvals to Drive Robust Growth to 2019
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Market to 2020 - New Therapies to Enhance Treatment Segmentation and Drive Growth in an Increasingly Competitive Market
- Critical Care Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - New and Late-Stage Four-Factor PCCs and Recombinant Products to Drive Market
- Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - Late-Stage Pipeline Focuses on Improved Progression Free-Surival and Targeted Therapies
- PharmaPoint: Migraine - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- Asthma Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Breakthrough Biologics to Enhance Treatment of Severe Asthma and Drive Market Growth
- CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - India