Fast Market Research recommends "Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q2 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/11/2015 -- There remains some growth potential Bahrain's mobile market, but the key opportunities in the country's telecoms market now lie in the advanced mobile and wireline data market, such as LTE and fibre services. Operators will need to start focusing on increasing postpaid penetration through the introduction of services which drives usage and bring further revenue. Operators should also be looking at the enterprise segment to diversify from an increasingly competitive consumer market . . The outlook, supported by healthy GDP and private consumption growth forecasts to 201 9, is positive for the telecoms market, but we note that strong competition in the mobile and wireline sectors will continue to weigh on the pace of revenue growth as we expect growth to slow down until 2019 .
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Bahrain's mobile market reached 2.41mn subscriptions in September 2014, for a penetration rate of 183% according to the regulator. 79% of these subscriptions were on prepaid plans
- The launch of LTE services has boosted the broadband market, with 1.84mn subscriptions in September 2014 of which 91% were mobile.
- Fixed wireline continues to decline as it remains affected by mobile substitution, but the fixed broadband market has stabilised thanks to the deregulation of the market.
Bahrain's Risk/Reward score dropped to 51.4 in the latest quarter, a drop of 1.7pp compared to three months ago, which puts the country in fifth place overall in the region on BMI's Telecoms Risk/Reward Index. Bahrain's lowest score is in the industry rewards category, which reflects the high level of mobile penetration and the country's small population, which limit growth opportunities. Bahrain's highest score is in the country rewards category, as the country benefits from a high GDP per capita and a small land size, both important factors in reducing the challenge of achieving universal access to telecoms services.
Key Trends And Developments
The Bahrain Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Bahrain's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Bahrain Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Bahrain.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Bahrain to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Bahraini telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Bahrain's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Bahrain.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts and views, covering the ARPU, fi xed-line, mobile (including 3G & 4G ), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-line Telephony Telephone lines (?000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony Mobile phone subscribers (?000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; and where available, 3G & 4G subscribers (?000); 3G & 4G subscribers/100 inhabitants; 3G & 4G subscribers as a percentage of overall mobile market.
- Internet Markets Internet users (?000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers (?000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q2 2015