Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Belgium Oil & Gas Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/23/2014 -- Belgium's Oil and Gas sector offers little upside for growth due to a lack of indigenous reserves. A small amount of unconventional exploration may be possible targeting Belgium's coal-bed methane, but the potential exit of one of the country's key energy companies is likely to negatively impact the rate of development. Belgium is expected to remain dependant on imports throughout the forecast period with limited potential to attract any major investment in the near term despite mature infrastructure in the country.
The main trends and developments in Belgium's oil and gas sector are:
- Although we forecast both gas reserves and production to remain at zero, we highlight efforts by Dart Energy and NVM's joint venture Limburg Gas that will help to determine the feasibility of commercial recovery of coal-bed methane (CBM). The Flemish Institute of Technology estimates the Limburg area could contain 7bn cubic metres (bcm) worth of gas.
- If commercial, such volumes would ease the country's total dependence upon imports, yet at present, we believe it is more likely that any output would not only be outside our forecast period, but would stem rather than halt the country's dependence upon imports. However, Dart has previously suggested production may be possible from 2019.
- Yet, given the slow progress of efforts to commercialise unconventional prospects in the region - and reports of greater progress by Dart elsewhere in Europe, such as the UK - we do not view any commercial production of CBM as likely in our 10-year forecast period. Indeed, recent company materials describe Dart's Belgium assets as 'non-core', and outline company strategy as focusing on maximising returns which may include joint ventures, farm-outs, sale or exit..
- The world's first LNG-powered tug M / T Borg?y docked in the port of Zeebrugge to load LNG fuel in 2014. M / T Borg?y is the first tug in the world sailing on liquefied natural gas (LNG) and emits nearly thirty percent...
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Belgium Oil & Gas Report has been researched at source and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasts for Belgium including major indicators for oil, gas and LNG, covering all major indicators including reserves, production, consumption, refining capacity, prices, export volumes and values. The report includes full analysis of industry trends and prospects, national and multinational companies and changes in the regulatory environment.
BMI's Belgium Oil & Gas Report provides professionals, consultancies, government departments, regulatory bodies and researchers with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Belgian oil and gas industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent oil and gas industry forecasts for Belgium to test consensus views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Belgian oil and gas market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Belgian oil and gas sector through reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Belgium.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key forecasts and industry analysis, covering oil and gas reserves, supply, demand and refining, plus analysis of landmark company developments and key changes in the regulatory environment.
Regional perspective on size and value of industry sector; comparative rankings by production, refining, imports and exports of oil, gas and LNG.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Oil and Gas Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (independents, NOCs, IOCs and oil services companies) in the upstream and downstream markets.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry Rankings products.
Oil Market Outlook and Oil Products Outlook
Based on our country coverage of over 99% of global oil and gas production and consumption, BMI provides demand, supply and price forecasts to end-2018 for oil, gas and oil products
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Rosneft Oil Company Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- ConocoPhillips Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Husky Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Enerplus Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Total S.A. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Apache Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Royal Dutch Shell plc Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Statoil ASA Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- BP p.l.c. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013