Fast Market Research recommends "China Information Technology Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/24/2014 -- China continues to outperform in terms of IT spending growth and IT sector development. Despite rapid growth in the past decade the market remains attractive with strong growth prospects resulting from (inter alia) the size of population, rising incomes, relatively low market penetration and a supportive poli tical environment . IT spending growth in China is expected to outperform on a regional and global basis, with a CAGR of 9. 7 % forecast 2014-2018 as IT spending increases as a share of GDP . However, China's IT market is not without its challenges as the pool of first-time buyers diminishes and vendors continue to struggle in the face of ongoing high levels of piracy, cyber security issues , intense competition for price-sensitive consumers and uncertainty generated by regulatory decisions . BMI believes that t he outlook is positive overall , with the caveats mentioned above.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: CNY527.7bn in 2013 to CNY579.5bn in 2014, +9.8% in local currency terms. PC volume growth - including desktops, notebooks and tablets - will drive strong value growth in 2014.
- Software Sales: CNY73.5bn in 2013 to CNY80.5bn in 2014, +9.6% in local currency terms. We restated historical data for the software market downwards in the Q4 update to better reflect the drag of piracy on spending growth.
- IT Services Sales: CNY174.5bn in 2013 to CNY196.6bn in 2014, +12.6% in local currency terms. China is a large outsourcing market and we expect outsourcing activities increasingly to concentrate on high value activities such as software development over the medium term.
Key Trends And Developments
The contribution of government policy to the development of China's IT market and local IT industry has been highly significant and BMI expects this to continue over the medium term. One example is the push to develop the cloud computing industry. China's Ministry of Industry and Information...
The China Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's China Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in China.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for China to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Chinese IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in China's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in China.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Cross-border analysis of regional markets, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
IT Sector: IT industry value (US$bn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software sales (US$mn); number of PCs (`000); PCs/100 inhabitants; internet users (`000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (`000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (US$bn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against US$).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Slovenia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Peru Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q4 2014