New Healthcare research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/17/2014 -- Tunisia saw an increase in the incidence of digestive disorders during the review period. This was linked to rising urbanisation and overcrowding in many cities, alongside the growing use of consumer foodservice, with sandwiches from street stalls/kiosks becoming an increasingly popular lunch option. However, many street stalls/kiosks operate in unsanitary conditions, partly due to the warm climate in Tunisia, increasing the risk of food poisoning. A growing coffee culture also put pressure on consumers' digestive systems. While coffee has always been popular in the country, the global fashion for espresso-based drinks and specialist coffee shops resulted in many increasing their consumption of coffee during the review period, with many switching from more traditional mint tea.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Domestic company Teriak continued to be the leader in digestive remedies in 2013 with 30% value share. The company's strength is thanks to offering the leading brands in laxatives and diarrhoeal remedies, namely Duphalac and Actapulgite. These brands have a long-term presence in Tunisia and are trusted by consumers, making them an obvious choice for self-medication for these issues. The company furthermore gained around a third of a percentage point in value share in 2013 over the previous year, as rising disposable income levels encouraged more consumers to trade up to its products.
Tunisians are increasingly aware of the greater efficacy of digestive remedies in comparison to home-made remedies. However, many still continue to use traditional remedies such as herbs and pomegranate peel. There is thus still a strong potential for growth. Growth in the forecast period is expected to be driven by rising disposable income levels and also by government consumer education campaigns focused on digestive disorders.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Digestive Remedies industry in Tunisia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Digestive Remedies industry in Tunisia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Digestive Remedies in Tunisia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Digestive Remedies in Tunisia?
- What are the major brands in Tunisia?
- Are there any herbal/traditional home-made digestive remedies, like charcoal, which compete strongly with standard medicinal products?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Diarrhoeal Remedies, IBS Treatments, Indigestion and Heartburn Remedies, Laxatives, Motion Sickness Remedies, Paediatric Digestive Remedies.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Digestive Remedies in Japan
- Digestive Remedies in Israel
- Digestive Remedies in Saudi Arabia
- Digestive Remedies in the United Kingdom
- Digestive Remedies in Belgium
- Digestive Remedies in Romania
- Digestive Remedies in Brazil
- Digestive Remedies in Germany
- Digestive Remedies in Portugal
- Digestive Remedies in South Korea