New Food market report from Business Monitor International: "Saudi Arabia Agribusiness Report Q1 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/19/2014 -- Saudi Arabia will increasingly be dependent on global grain supply, as the country has decided to phase out domestic grain production in a bid to preserve the country's water supply. The government has not abandoned its strategy of self-sufficiency in poultry and has been ramping up incentives to expand capacity production. This strategy has paid off, as the three major producers in the sector have all started heavy investment initiatives . We believe Saudi Arabia will find sufficient grain supply from the Black Sea region and the EU to supply its meat and food processing industry in the coming years. However, the country will remain highly vulnerable to volatile grain and feed prices. Recent spikes in feed prices have turned us more cautious on margins for dairy and livestock producers in the country, especially those that import inputs from abroad.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Wheat production growth to 2017/18: -49.2% to 355,700 tonnes. Wheat production will continue to decrease in the coming years on the back of the government's programme to phase out production.
- Barley consumption growth to 2018: 5.1% to 8.96mn tonnes. Barley consumption growth will slow down significantly, as the government tries to encourage the use of alternative feed sources for the booming livestock sector.
- Poultry production growth to 2017/18: 52.0% to 865,100 tonnes. This spectacular growth will mainly come from the effects of capacity expansion of three major poultry farms ( a l-Watania, a l-Fakieh and Almarai), along with continuous government support.
- BMI universe agribusiness market value: USD4.9bn in 2015, up 4.2% compared with the expected 2014 level; forecast to increase by 4.9% on average per year between 2015 and 2018.
- 2015 real GDP growth: 3.6 % year-on-year (y-o-y), down from 4.3% expected in 2014, projected to average 3.1% from 2015 to 2018.
- 2015 consumer price...
The Saudi Arabia Agribusiness Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for production, consumption and trade across core agricultural commodities.
BMI's Saudi Arabia Agribusiness Report includes independent commodity price forecasting and analysis for key agricultural outputs, an overview of the agribusiness competitive landscape and a discussion of the downstream context of agricultural production in relation to country food consumption forecasts and composite food and beverage trade forecasts.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful planning in dynamic agribusiness markets.
- Apply BMI's medium-term commodity price analysis to assist with budgetary planning and the identification of investment opportunities and potential risks.
- Assess the activities and market position of your competitors, partners and clients.
BMI Industry View
An analytical summary of BMI's latest key industry forecasts and views, highlighting recent changes and key risks to the industry outlook for agribusiness in Saudi Arabia.
Industry SWOT Analysis
At-a-glance perspectives on the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats facing the agricultural industry.
BMI Supply & Demand Forecasts
Divided into sections based on various diverse sectors in the agriculture market, the chapter provides insight into each market's agricultural industry, centred on sector forecasts to end-2018 for the consumption, production and trade of key agricultural commodities.
Consumption forecasts are accompanied by a discussion of the main drivers of consumption growth: macroeconomic factors, food processing trends, price movements and, increasingly, demand from the non-food sector.
Production forecasts examine the trends influencing BMI's production outlook: global demand, price increases, public and private sector investment and agricultural efficiency improvements.
Trade forecasts are accompanied by a discussion of the factors influencing a country's trade in agricultural goods, including domestic demand, global prices and government trade policies.
BMI's forecasts are accompanied by a Risks- to-Outlook assessment, which examines potential factors that could affect our existing forecast picture and the likelihood of their occurrence.
BMI's Commodity Price Analysis
Fundamental and technical analysis of the short- and medium-term price outlook for key agricultural commodities, based on globally-recognised benchmarks.
Analysis of headline food and drink forecasts, including total food consumption, per capita food consumption and total sector trade, which provide important downstream intelligence for primary agricultural producers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Indonesia Agribusiness Report Q1 2015
- Pakistan Agribusiness Report Q1 2015
- France Agribusiness Report Q1 2015
- Bangladesh Agribusiness Report Q1 2015
- Russia Agribusiness Report Q1 2015
- Ghana Agribusiness Report Q1 2015
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Canada Business Forecast Report Q1 2015
- France Business Forecast Report Q1 2015
- Malaysia Power Report Q1 2015