Fast Market Research recommends "Spectacles in Spain" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/17/2014 -- Much in line with the situation the category has been witnessing since the crisis hit the Spanish economy, in 2014, spectacles recorded a poor performance with sales declining by 4% in value terms. Although the economic situation is improving from the fragile state in 2013, the average Spanish consumer is still far from feeling the security they felt prior to 2008, which is affecting the category's performance.
Spectacles is characterised by a high degree of fragmentation with over 26 companies operating in it. However, Luxottica accounts for the bulk of sales. In 2013, the company accounted for 13% of total value sales. The company benefits from its large portfolio of brands, especially luxury ones. With Spain being a tourist destination, it benefits from a growing number of them purchasing luxury sunglasses in the country at a cheaper price than in their country of origin, which has contributed to the company's overall performance.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Although over the forecast period value sales of spectacles will record negative growth rates in constant terms, they will witness a recovery from the even weaker performance they recorded over the review period. The Spanish economy will see a slow recovery of macroeconomic indicators; however, the recovery of the unemployment rate will take longer. This fact will limit the category's performance as average Spanish disposable income will not recover the level it had prior to the economic recession as fast as desired.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Spectacles industry in Spain with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Spectacles industry in Spain, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Spectacles in Spain market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Do spectacle frames create more sales than spectacle lenses in Spain?
- Which type of spectacles do we spend more on - men's, women's or children's?
- How are independent opticians coping with the emergence of health and beauty multiples?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Spectacles in Turkey
- Spectacles in the Netherlands
- Spectacles in Switzerland
- Spectacles in the United Kingdom
- Spectacles in Singapore
- Spectacles in Taiwan
- Spectacles in China
- Spectacles in Mexico
- Spectacles in Canada
- Spectacles in the US