Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/14/2014 -- Tea manufacturers continued to invest in innovation in order to stimulate sales, particularly in value terms. The category witnessed the launch of tea in pyramid tea bags, which companies claim allow better infusion and assure more flavour. Operators also invested in new sophisticated flavours, while some also brought out organic references, which are the subject of rising demand.
With a 37% off-trade value share, Unilever France SA led the tea category in 2013. With its Lipton brand, this player is present in all the categories of tea and has a strong position in almost all of them. Lipton is the leading brand of black standard tea, fruit/herbal tea, green tea and other tea. Foods International SA ranked second with an 18% value share in 2103. This player offers two brands of tea (Twinings and La Tisaniere) and was present in several categories. Twinings is the leading brand of black speciality tea. Private label operators were also well represented, accounting for a combined value share of 15% in 2013 thanks to a large range of products.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Tea is something of a niche, but mature category in France. French consumers tend to be occasional consumers of tea, with the bulk of the consumer base being women. As a result, manufacturers are expected to invest in product innovation to attract new consumers over the forecast period. Recruiting young people and increasing consumption occasions are set to be the two major areas of manufacturers' investments from 2013. At the same time, they are also expected to continue to bring added value to this category through the launch of new sophisticated flavours and organic references, as well as pyramid tea bag varieties.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tea industry in France with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tea industry in France, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tea in France market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions suchas:
- What is the market size of Tea in France?
- What are the major brands in France?
- Is loose leaf tea available in France?
- Is there a shift from unpackaged to packaged tea in France?
- Is there a market for tea pods in France?
- What is the market size for different tea flavors (green tea, black tea, herbal tea, etc.) in France?
- How are market trends changing in flavours/types for fruit/herbal and other tea?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Black Tea, Fruit/Herbal Tea, Green Tea, Instant Tea, Other Tea.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Tea in Germany
- RTD Tea in China
- Tea in Taiwan
- Tea in the Czech Republic
- Tea in Uruguay
- Tea in Singapore
- Tea in Bolivia
- Tea in Colombia
- Tea in Switzerland
- Hot Tea Market in India: Market Profile to 2017