Fast Market Research recommends "United Kingdom Infrastructure Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/27/2015 -- We are maintaining our forecasts for construction industry value real growth in the UK at 3.5% for 2015, cementing the UK as one of the fastest growing developed market s for infrastructure and construction in Europe . The UK has one of the strongest infrastructure project pipelines in Western Europe, although we note that the danger of delays to its realisation owing to the upcoming general election.
Key Trends And D evelopments
- We expect momentum in the residential sector to continue to be robust in 2015, buoyed further by reforms to stamp duty, which will further energise the market. 2014 was a strong year for the sector however, so we expect growth to moderate to more sustainable levels, especially with the expected interest rate increase.
- We expect there to be a delay in decisions on major infrastructure projects until after the 2015 general election. In particular we highlight that new power generation infrastructure will be delayed owing to various political party policies, which would raise questions among major utilities over investing in new capacity. That said, the first capacity auction run by National Grid reached the goal of maintaining and adding 49GW of capacity until 2018/19, including 2GW of new gas-fired capacity.
- Insurance group Legal & General wants to build five new towns across the UK over the next 10 years at a cost of up to GBP5bn (USD8.22bn).
- In December 2013, although no project specifics were announced, Prudential, Aviva, Standard Life, Friends Life and Lloyds Banking Group unit Scottish Widows all committed to investing GBP25bn in UK transport and energy infrastructure over the next five years. This should be a major supporting factor for our forecasts, as well as for numerous projects that currently face financing risks.
- Following the passage of vital legislation, we have included HS2 into our forecasts, which further contribute to the rail sector's outperformance. With major...
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The United Kingdom Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's United Kingdom Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the British infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for United Kingdom to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the British infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the British infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in United Kingdom.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments. These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, pipelines and so on).
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the infrastructure and construction sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (up to 2012) and forecasts to end-2024 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key developments in the market and risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
Construction: Industry value (USDbn); contribution to GDP (%); total capital investment (USDbn); real growth (%).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United States Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Lighting Product Market in United Kingdom to 2019 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Greece Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Infrastructure Report Q1 2015