Fast Market Research recommends "Bottled Water in Portugal" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/23/2014 -- Not even soft drinks which were previously considered essential to the basic daily routines of Portuguese families such as bottled water were spared from the negative economic scenario which Portugal has been facing for several years now. Despite numerous Portuguese consumers regularly complaining about the flavour and quality of the public water supply, the truth is that the public supply of water has been preferred over bottled water in recent years as the majority of Portuguese consumers have taken steps to reduce their expenditure. This presaged a general decline in both on-trade and off-trade sales of bottled water over the course of 2013.
Bottled water in Portugal has been a highly fragmented category for several years and there are numerous major brands operating in it. Competition in the category has been fierce for some time with several brands struggling to maintain their consumer bases with the differences in brand share not especially marked. The most important brands operating in bottled water in Portugal are Caldas de Penacova and Luso, which held first and second rank respectively in the category in 2013. During 2013, volume sales of Caldas da Penacova bottled water surpassed volume sales of Luso, with low unit price a more important factor than tradition and brand profile.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
2014 is expected to be yet another difficult year for bottled water in Portugal. The main priority of the leading companies in the category is set to remain the regulation of their revenues, with any increase in value sales likely to be a major bonus as adverse economic conditions remain in effect. As a result, even basic products such as bottled water are likely to come under further pressure during 2014 with the majority of Portuguese consumers seeking low-priced products or opting for publicly available water sources. This situation is likely to result in further declines in bottled water during 2014.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bottled Water industry in Portugal with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bottled Water industry in Portugal, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bottled Water in Portugal market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Bottled Water in Portugal?
- What are the major brands in Portugal?
- How important is the direct selling method of distribution in Portugal for bottled water sales?
- What impact have environmental issues (such as sustainable packaging) had on consumer attitudes, category volumes, packaging formulations and/or product innovation in Portugal?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bottled Water in Nigeria
- Bottled Water in Estonia
- Bottled Water in Germany
- Bottled Water in the Philippines
- Bottled Water in Kazakhstan
- Bottled Water in Hungary
- Bottled Water in Spain
- Bottled Water in Israel
- Bottled Water in the United Kingdom
- Bottled Water in China