Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/06/2014 -- Following a year in which BMI believes saw mixed growth dynamics in different freight modes, 2014 will signal growth across the whole of the Czech Republic's freight transport sector.
Total trade is projected to pick up with our Country Risk desk forecasting a year-on-year (y-o-y) increase of 3.71% in 2014 following an estimated growth of 2.87% in 2013.
Road freight is to continue to dominate the sector and is projected to grow by 2% in 2014. The mode, however, did not manage to defy the downturn and the European Union (EU) pledges of a decrease in road haulage across the region, with freight volumes expected to remain well below its 2007 level. BMI notes that rail is the likeliest candidate in Czech Republic's freight transport mix to benefit from any diversification away from road.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 Air freight tonnage is expected to grow by 2.0%
- 2014 Rail freight is forecast to grow by 2.7%
- 2014 Road freight is forecast to grow by 2.1%
- 2014 Inland waterway freight is forecast to grow by 2.4%
- 2014 Total real trade growth is forecast at 3.7%.
Key Industry Trends
Yusen Logistics Expands in the Czech Republic- Japan's Yusen Logistics' subsidiary Yusen Logistics (Czech) expanded its operations in the Czech Republic by opening a new warehouse in Strancice, near the country's capital Prague in August 2013.
DHL Inaugurates New Parcel Hub- Professional Parcel Logistics (PPL), a fully owned subsidiary of DHL Freight, has expanded its operations with the opening of a new parcel hub worth EUR24.7mn in the Czech Republic.
TNT Express Boosts the Czech Republic Services- Dutch courier services firm TNT Express has confirmed the availability of its morning delivery service to customers in an additional 900 locations across Europe, including in the Czech Republic.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Hungary Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- Iran Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- Russia Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- Poland Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- Romania Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- Vietnam Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- Australia Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- South Africa Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- Israel Freight Transport Report Q1 2014