New Energy research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/31/2013 -- The extent to which the Israeli petrochemicals industry will benefit from growth will depend on the sector's competitiveness. Growth in natural gas production, with the beginning of production in the Tamar gas field, will provide an opportunity to reduce feedstock costs, according to BMI's latest Israel Petrochemicals Report.
Falling domestic consumption has hit the domestic chemicals, plastics and rubber industries. Plastics and rubber output growth has fallen sharply from the relatively high levels seen in Q113 while chemicals production exhibited an overall decline in the first seven months of the year. In 2013, the strongest growth rates in petrochemicals consumption should be in the polyvinyl chloride (PVC) segment as the construction sector grows due to an increase in residential construction prompted by lower mortgage interest rates and the release of pent-up demand.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
- We project real GDP growth in Israel of 3.4% and 3.2% in 2013 and 2014, respectively. Despite increasing exports in 2014, the domestic economy will remain in a soft patch, with austerity measures hitting private consumption hard.
- BMI envisages no increase in petrochemicals capacities over the next five years with ethylene sticking at 450,000tpa and polymers capacities staying at 165,000tpa PE, 450,000tpa PP and 160,000tpa PVC.
- In BMI's MEA Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs) matrix, Israel has fallen one place to 6th place, in spite of a 0.5 points rise in its score to 57.4 points as a result of improved country risk. Iran's improved petrochemicals score due to capacity expansion enabled it to overtake Israel and secure a lead of 1.3 points. Israel is 3.6 points ahead of South Africa.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Czech Republic Petrochemicals Report Q1 2014
- Algeria Petrochemicals Report Q1 2014
- Iran Petrochemicals Report Q1 2014
- Hungary Petrochemicals Report Q1 2014
- Romania Petrochemicals Report Q1 2014
- Qatar Petrochemicals Report Q1 2014
- Egypt Petrochemicals Report Q1 2014
- Azerbaijan Petrochemicals Report Q1 2014
- Poland Petrochemicals Report Q1 2014
- Ukraine Petrochemicals Report Q1 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)