Recently published research from Timetric, "Life Insurance in Norway, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/27/2014 -- The Norwegian life insurance segment is one of the fastest-growing in the Nordic region. The segment posted a review-period (2008-2012) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% in gross written premium terms, despite low interest rates and the financial crisis. The segment managed to post positive growth on account of robust growth registered in the individual and group life categories. The growth was further supported by the positive economic development following the financial crisis, a situation which is expected to fuel demand for life insurance in Norway over the forecast period (2012-2017). As a result, the written premium of the life insurance segment is expected to increase at a forecast-period CAGR of 6.4%.
- The Norwegian life insurance segment posted a review-period (2008-2012) CAGR of 5.8% in gross written premium terms despite low interest rates, and the financial crisis
- Fierce competition in the segment forced some insurers to re-examine their strategies in order to survive and gain market share through geographical expansion
- During the review period, life insurance providers have benefited from low combined ratios, resulting in underwriting profits
- Favorable demographic factors such as an increased in life expectancy and a rise in the elderly population (65 and above) are likely to accelerate demand for life insurance products
- The Norwegian life insurance segment is highly concentrated, with the 10 leading companies together accounting for 98.4% of the segment's written premiums in 2012
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Norway:
- It provides historical values for the Norwegian life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Norwegian life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Norway.
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Norway for the life insurance business.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Norway and its growth prospects.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Norway and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Norwegian life insurance segment and each category within it
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Kommunal Landspensjonskasse, DNB Livsforsikring ASA, Storebrand Livsforsikring, Nordea Liv, Oslo Pensjonsforsikring, Sparebank 1 Livsforsikring AS, Gjensidige Forsikring ASA, Gjensidige Pensjon, Danica Pensjonsforsikring AS, Tryg Forsikring
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017