Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/21/2014 -- Medical Gases and Equipment Market by Gases (Oxygen, Medical Air, Nitrogen, Nitrous-oxide, Helium, Blood-gas Mixture, Nitrous Oxide-Oxygen Mixture), by Equipment (Cylinders, Manifolds, Regulators, Flowmeters) - Global Forecast to 2018
The global medical gases and equipment market is estimated to be worth $14,953 million by 2018.
The global medical gases and equipment market is segmented by product, end user, and geography. The medical gases and equipment market is mainly classified, by product into medical gases and equipment. It is further categorized by pure gases and by gas mixtures. The equipment market covers cylinders, vacuum systems, manifolds, regulators, suction regulators, flow meters, hoses, outlets, and monitoring systems. The report also discusses the key market drivers, restraints, and opportunities of the global medical gases and equipment market and its sub-markets.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The overall market is mainly driven by the rising ageing population and growing incidences of chronic diseases, which adds to the global disease burden. Growth in adoption of treatment in home care settings in lieu of government initiatives to curtail healthcare costs in various countries is also expected to propel the growth of the medical gases market. The markets across APAC and the Latin American region are largely driven by growing healthcare infrastructure in the region, increased affordability of healthcare services, and increase in the disposable. However, frequently changing regulatory policies and opposing reimbursement policies for respiratory therapies are expected to dampen the market growth to a certain extent.
By 2018, oxygen will continue to drive and dominate the medical gases market. A major share of this growth can be attributed to the presence of a large patient base suffering from respiratory diseases such as COPD and sleep apnea syndrome and the increasing number of patients undergoing emergency medical care. Furthermore, cylinders are also expected to drive the growth of the medical gas equipment market. Driven by the growing home healthcare market, a majority of the players have begun manufacturing lightweight and portable cylinders with various visible and audible alert mechanisms. This will enhance patient safety in mobile oxygen therapy and address changing lifestyles. New, integrated cylinders are fast replacing the larger units due to their convenience of mobility and multi-functionality.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: AIR LIQUIDE, AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS INC., ATLAS COPCO AB, THE LINDE GROUP, PRAXAIR, INC., SOL-SPA, TAIYO NIPPON SANSO, AIRGAS, INC., MESSER GROUP GMBH, MATHESON TRI-GAS, INC.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Taiwan Ophthalmic Devices Market Outlook to 2018 - Vision Care, Intraocular Lens (IOL), Cataract Surgery Devices, Ophthalmic Diagnostic Equipment, Refractive Surgery Devices, Vitreo Retinal Surgery Devices and Others
- mhealth Apps & Solutions Market By Connected Devices (Cardiac Monitoring, Diabetes Management Devices), Health Apps (Exercise, Weight Loss, Women's Health, Sleep and Meditation), Medical Apps (Medical Reference) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Medical Waste Management Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Infection Control Market - Global forecast to 2017
- Medical Equipment Quarterly Deals Analysis: M&A and Investment Trends - Q2 2013
- Medical Equipment Annual Deals Analysis: M&A and Investments Trends - 2012
- Medical Equipment Monthly Deals Analysis: July 2013- M&A and Investment Trends
- Health Care Equipment & Supplies: Global Industry Guide
- Nerve Repair & Regeneration Market by Xenografts (Conduits, Protectors), Neuromodulation [Internal (Spinal Cord, Deep Brain)], External (Transcranial Magnetic)], Surgery [Direct Nerve Repair, Grafting, Stem Cell] - Global Trend & Forecast to 2018
- Pharmaceutical Packaging Equipment Market by Package Type (Blister, Strip, Bottle, Tube, Aseptic Packaging, Wrapping, Labeling & Serialization), by Product Type (Tablet, Powder, Cream, Syrup, Aseptic Liquid, Aerosol) - Global Forecast to 2018